Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois closer to $504.25 NR deer license total >

Illinois closer to $504.25 NR deer license total

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois closer to $504.25 NR deer license total

Old 04-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois closer to $504.25 NR deer license total

Illinois is one step closer to a $500+ deer license (total required fees).

Representative Dan Reitz and Senator Todd Seiben (the SUPPOSED leaders of the Legislative Sportsman's Caucus that is SUPPOSED to represent sportsmen) have quickly and quietly ramrodded a 2nd amendment of HB1074 through that would raise the NR archery cap to 20,000. The bill also says that the IDNR may in no way limit the number of resident archery permits. This bill never mentioned a SINGLE thing about archery permits (except raising the price which is higher now than first anticipated... $435), until the heat died down from the first two bills.

An annual NR hunting license cost is $50.75, application fee of $13, habitat stamp of $5.50, and the proposed maximum deer permit for $435.00 which would total $504.25. A 5 day temporary NR hunting license can be bought for $29.75 which would make the total $483.25 if a hunter hunted for 5 days only. The pervious deer permit cost $225.00 and would increase by $210.00 at the maximum of $435.00 as proposed.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois closer to $504.25 NR deer license total

THAT'S ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS ! If it actually goes thru . I feel for the non- residents that would like to hunt this state, but can't now because of the increase. I use to live in Wisconsin, and moved to Illinois 7 yrs ago. I use to buy my non-resident archery tag, but I'll be honest with you, if I had to pay $500 for a tag, it probably would'nt happen. I think that's going overboard a bit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! [:@]
Old 04-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i don't think it is out of line at all. go out west and buy a non resident tag and you will pay just as much
Old 04-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bob d

i don't think it is out of line at all. go out west and buy a non resident tag and you will pay just as much
So that makes it right? People in Cali. pay as much as or more than $100,000 for building permits. So, would you like to tag that added cost onto building your house? It's out of line. It's way out of line. It's a kin to them putting up a big fence with a sign on it saying

KEEP OUT. STRANGERS NOT WELCOME.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bob d

nodog,

What people don't realize is that these rediculous prices do not help hunting, they hurt hunting, and hurt ALL hunters. This is coming from a resident hunter that looks at it from the standpoint that this will reduce competition in his hunting area while at the same time subsidising welfare for himself. Screw everyone else and the long term repercussions, like other states passing reciprocal fee legislation. Screw the fact his kids won't be able to hunt out of state someday. Screw the fact this fee increase will only go to paying for welfare checks instead of being used for hunting habitat. Really sick.

Besides that, this quote is absurd. Tags out west are literally a different animal. Whitetail are by far the most abundant game animal in north america. They are not bighorn sheep, elk, mule deer, or even pronghorn.

That short-sighted selfish attitude is ruining our hunting heritage. Illinois is becoming the Utah of the midwest.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey you all have your opinion and i have mine but do not start with the name calling
Old 04-24-2005, 04:18 PM

Zim, please respect others views. I agree with you but your post was a little too agressive.

I have 2 buddys that have not killed a deer in 2 years. Simply because they cannot afford the 100 bucks for a nonresident in Ohio. All this does it takes out the poor man. If they would raise residents by 5 bucks they could make the same amount of money.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

bob d,

You don't think it's out of line at all? Please educate us all and expound upon the statements I made in my prior post............with hard facts. Then since you are so educated about it please tell us what hunting habitat projects the extra $200 is going to be spent on, as opposed to state welfare checks. Do you even know what is going on in your own state?
Old 04-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ewolf
I have 2 buddys that have not killed a deer in 2 years. Simply because they cannot afford the 100 bucks for a nonresident in Ohio. All this does it takes out the poor man. If they would raise residents by 5 bucks they could make the same amount of money.

They raised ours (Ohio) last year. I think it was $8. Don't give them anymore ideas.

BTW why haven't they taken a deer in their own state?
Old 04-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey i never said i had the answers ,but you did , so what are they .

my kids can hunt in illinois cause they are residents , i make several trips out of illinois a year and i pay the non resident fees so it only makes sense to me that illinois should get a higher fee too .

and don't tell me about holding politicans responsible they do whatever they want too with the money , look at all the federal dollars that have not been put into wildlife

Quick Reply: Illinois closer to $504.25 NR deer license total

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.