Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Cat hunting in WI.  I voted NO >

Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

Old 04-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

You Dip$hit. Those few tweety birds you are takling about amounts to millions every year. And the few rodents you are talking about are food for other NATIVE game species such as hawks, owls, foxes, bobcats, coyotes, coons, etc. Shoot the crap out of those cats when you see 'em.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:45 AM

I was mowing hay one time and watched a stray cat catch a small pheasant. That one bird was enough to fill its tummy for that day, but it saw another movement and went and killed another one. By the time I'd made my next round that cat had killed a whole nest of newborn chicks. Ever play with a kitten"? Anything that moves they attack it. They kill for the fun of it.

I think they are the worst predators on pheasant chicks there is. A fox gets blamed but he hunts with his nose and picks up the winter kill and other dead birds mostly. A cat hunts movement.

I give all cats a 1 mile radius of a farmstead. I'd say thats pretty fair.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:16 AM

if the cats are truly feral and doing the damage you guys say they are, i would not have a problem with killing them , but if you are shooting pets and farm cats and road hunting for them , i have a problem with that. I guess it would be up to the land owner to ultimately decide.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

I vote yes, but it will never go through.[:-]
Old 04-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

akes a lot of skill to kill a family pet
Takes alot of skill to put a collar on a cat too!

I voted yes! I don't care for cats, but I would never go out and shoot a family pet!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

akes a lot of skill to kill a family pet
Takes alot of skill to put a collar on a cat too!

I voted yes! I don't care for cats, but I would never go out and shoot a family pet!

Well said i was going to say the same thing but decided not to. Im glad someone said this. CATS ARE A PAIN IN THE ARSE.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:27 PM

Very controversial issue. On one hand, you have the fact that the "season" would turn non-h's against us (good reason). On the other hand, you have that feral cats kill tons of animals all over the state, animals that we hunt or are food for animals we hunt (also, good reason).

But i guess you could look at as seeing a feral feret (they dont live in WI, do they?). would you shoot it if you were 5, 6, miles from a house. what if you saw 20 feral ferets (weird ring to it)? it must have been someones pet, but do you think the animal lovers would stop feral feret "season"? probably. just a different way of looking at it.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

You Dip$hit. Those few tweety birds you are takling about amounts to millions every year. And the few rodents you are talking about are food for other NATIVE game species such as hawks, owls, foxes, bobcats, coyotes, coons, etc. Shoot the crap out of those cats when you see 'em.
Interesting?? But I have never seen hawks, owls, foxes, bobcats, coyotes, coons, etc. in my barn helping control the rodents.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some farmers said they would no longer allow hunting on there farms at my DNR meeting.
What's the big deal if their cats are in their barn with a collar on, they should have nothing to worry about?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:24 PM

If this law was passed was it going to be a specific time frame (season) when you could "hunt" feral cats? I'm not sure on this, clarification would be awesome!

. . . If this was the case, I really don't understand the law. If you see a cat killing birds, causing all the problems everyone says they are, then shoot it. I can't see having a few months out of the year where you could "hunt" any cat you saw in the area you hunt. Just shoot the cats you see causing problems on your land, who needs a season?? If the law stated you could shoot any problem "feral cat" you see any time of the year, I'm for it, this I believe should pertain to wild or stray dogs also.

Quick Reply: Cat hunting in WI. I voted NO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.