Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Had a good day shed hunting! >

Had a good day shed hunting!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Had a good day shed hunting!

Old 03-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Had a good day shed hunting!

Went shed hunting today and me and a friend found 6 total....I found 5! Two sheds were from 1.5 yr old bucks and they were probably 2-3 years old and chewed up. Found a right side to a nice 8 pt with a little kicker coming off the front of the base. Found another side to an 8 pt 2.5 yr old. And found another side to an 8pt that was dropped last year and chewed a little. I'm at 7 on the season and one 130" skull.....my friend is at 18 now.....I gotta catch up. Check back in about a week and I'll probably have pics up of all the sheds I've found this year.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Had a good day shed hunting!

Awesome! I went out on Saturday for about 2 1/2 hours, found 4 antlers and one old rack. The antlers consisted of 3(4pts) and 1 (5pts). It was my 1st time out.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:47 AM

Nada for me, to much snow.Congrats on the finds.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:46 PM

ive found 3 so far. both sides of a small 8 point and the right side of a huge 8 pointer. Im waiting to hunt him next year, he'll probably be about a 160 inch deer then!!
Old 03-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

found a pair of nice 9... but way to much snow!
Old 03-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

GSPsnFORDs;
Cant wait to see your shed pics I havent been back out to look anymore lately... been to busy but I will soon make time to get out and look again.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:51 AM

havent had a chance to go shed huntin much this season ... mainly out gaining permission for turkey and morels .... but did find 3 ....all 1 1/2 yrs olds ... nuthin worth takin a pic of .... but here are a few sheds of mine and a few skull caps from decent sized bucks i have killed ... but didnt have em mounted
Old 03-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I took a pic of the sheds I found so far this year but it's way too big to fit on here. It's file size is 1.2 Mb. Is there anyway to make it smaller? It's a JPEG.....is that why it is SOO large of a file size?
Old 03-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

GSPsnFORDs;
I like to save my photos on the website called Webshots ( its Free ) on there I can save my pics and edit their size also.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:57 PM

I have been tramping threw my woods and searching for sheds in which so far i am unsuccessful.. i want to go threw some thick brush where i believe bucks bed and I also have 15 Acres of thick CRP where bucks bed. I dont know if i should go threw this to find sheds when i will leave all that sent behind. I know its spring but I dont want to kick my bucks to other woods to bed at.

Is it worth searching or just leave it be?

Quick Reply: Had a good day shed hunting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.