Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 WI Non-resident Deer Licenses Too Cheap! >

WI Non-resident Deer Licenses Too Cheap!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Non-resident Deer Licenses Too Cheap!

Old 03-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WI Non-resident Deer Licenses Too Cheap!

I get the CP license anyway which is $140, which includes pretty much everything except for like bear! From my understanding the DRN has no control over how much they get in their budget so I don't get it. If the increased $ were going into the DNR budget I would be all for it but sadly its not so I say leave it alone. They jack up the rates and cut the wardens and fish stocking. f'n politicians! [:@]
Old 03-30-2005, 09:51 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

I understand sags point. But I don't agree with simply raising the fees just because states like IL have. I think at some point the higher NR fees do keep people away, and we end up being dime smart and dollar dumb. If people do stay away, then we have lower revenues for businesses, lower gas tax revenues, etc. All of that to take in some additional fees? Not sure the math adds up in our favor when looking at all of the ramifications.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:31 AM

I agree that reciprocation is the best solution.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Enjoy your woods 1sagittarius ,
as your NR prices spiral ever upward you'll surely have fewer NRs to contend with .
and less NR IL, and MN traffic too?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that all NR tags are out of hand we should be able to share the woods with fellow outdoorsmen, not just only based on their income........i mean there is always gonna be too many hunters out in the woods at hunting time...but never enough when a voting year comes around.....i mean come on how many really hunt outside their home state???
Old 04-03-2005, 08:09 PM

This whole deal sucks A$$. Ya cant Afford Gas...Or Licenses...Then no less BILLS and etc.
This State is becoming Sh*t Thanks Alot DILDO DOYLE
Old 04-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 1sagittarius

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Enjoy your woods 1sagittarius ,
as your NR prices spiral ever upward you'll surely have fewer NRs to contend with .
and less NR IL, and MN traffic too?
I think that you could safely assume that .

If your prices get high enough you may not have to worry about NRs ever again . Illinois has already priced me out of their archery season , as though lack of access hadn't already . It won't be too much longer before the only place that I'll be able to afford to hunt is my own backyard . Before you start to think that's a good thing , go back to the post where guy told you about how the small business owners will thank you for robbing them of revenue , it's a fact . On average , a NR spends twice as much on lodging , food , gas , and other incidental expenses as he does on licences and tags , and far more than a res does or ever will . The deep pockets city boy hunters usually stay at a lodge where their owner/guide makes all the money that would otherwise have been pumped into the local economy .

That's what you're wishing for , and you'll get it .
Old 04-04-2005, 10:33 PM

The problem Kev is that the basic principles of supply and demand are in effect here. Illinois can charge what it charges and not loose a single hunter because of it at this time. I don't know what the MAX they can charge is but as long as they are selling out their NR permits the local business owners really aren't being hurt all that bad, at least not the gas stations and places like that. Now, if outfitters become more the norm than they already are than you will see all the money funnelled through them but the amount of taxes in the area will remain roughly the same.

I am sure there is a point that they can hit, say $1000 a tag or something crazy like that, that would make it impossible to sell out all of their out of state permits but until they hit that point the state will see no loss of income.

As far as Illinois is concerend the proposal for $25 tags for NR's to shoot does during archery season is probably going to pass. That is downright affordable but I doubt many NR's will take advantage of it since not many would want to make the trip to "just" harvest a doe.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Spatrat

Konk, Where did you get the assumption that licensing fees go into general fund revenues? I am a financial manager for a county agency and we use fund accounting just like the state. Generally speaking revenues generated in a particular fund , such as the DNR, stay in that fund. It makes no sense to put those revenues in the general fund.
I have since been corrected about how the revenues from the sale of licences is used. My mistake. [&:]
Old 04-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Dominant Buck

The problem with your theory IL Rancher is your outfitter community .
Sooner or later they will grease their way into getting blocks of NR tags , assuming that they haven't already , and that's less tags to be had . As goes supply so goes demand . The prices will continue to spiral upward until the rank and file NR won't be able to afford tags there , then the outfitters and leasing agents will descend on the remaining tags as well until there are none except theirs .

I truly hope that you or your family has land to hunt where you are , it isn't just NRs that will be affected . Look at what's been going on out West if you don't believe me . It will only get worse .

Quick Reply: WI Non-resident Deer Licenses Too Cheap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.