Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
What did the WDNR know and when? >

What did the WDNR know and when?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What did the WDNR know and when?

Old 09-02-2002, 08:40 PM

Default RE: What did the WDNR know and when?

Is anyone here a member of Whitetails Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Wisconsin Deer Hunters, QDMA, Ruffed Grouse Society? Do you support the Conservation Congress? I know there are other groups I missed.
If you answered yes to any of these how do you feel that they have given their full support to the DNR's plans? Will you cancel your membership(s)?
These groups all have paid, trained wildlife biologists on their staffs also.

Tim
Old 09-03-2002, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
The biggest problem is that there have never been any verified cases of CWD with whitetails. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Actually, Colorado has been verifying cases of infected whitetails in the wild for a couple of years now, and there have been several whitetails on game farms that have been infected with the disease.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:44 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Is anyone here a member of Whitetails Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Wisconsin Deer Hunters, QDMA, Ruffed Grouse Society? Do you support the Conservation Congress? I know there are other groups I missed.
If you answered yes to any of these how do you feel that they have given their full support to the DNR's plans? Will you cancel your membership(s)?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

...huh?

Why would I cancel my membership? If I disagree with my political party on one issue I should stop being a Republican? Or if I don't like certain elements of American society I should move to Canada?

So those group support the DNR...SO FAR!...so what?

If we go back just a few years...maybe 15 or more?...most deer seasons were structured around shooting bucks only. In fact, many people were viewed with scorn if they shot a doe. And most of the &quot;trained wildlife biologists on their staffs&quot; were the ones who set up the seasons like that. And ultimately, it led to more deer than even the DNR wanted. So was that a wise move?

BTW, I'm again curious to see just how many deer Tim and other supporters of the &quot;eradication&quot; plan on taking out of that area. Heck, if it's such a great plan and so important for the future of our &quot;outdoor heritage&quot; I would hope that you would plan on taking some time, driving the hour or so from DeForest to some public land in &quot;the zone&quot; and taking a couple of deer yourself.

Old 09-06-2002, 09:27 PM

The dept. was informed in 1992, that animals from an infected area were brought to this state. Did they tell anyone? NO...It might interfere with their pet project of bringing elk back.
As far as the dept. having to cut this and that because of a lack of funds, WHY are they spending 2.7 MILLION DOLLARS to collar and chase deer in the ZONE? Because it's a pet project, THAT'S WHY!!!! They asked us to help fund this project over a year ago!!!! As soon as they get their hands on a few dollars meant for CWD, they waste it on a pet project. SSDD... Iowa just finished such a project, just ask them how far deer travel.