Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hunt this week

Old 12-25-2004, 10:01 AM

Default Hunt this week

I plan to go out on Tuesday of this coming week and the weather is suppost to be around 40-45 and i was wondering if yall think that is good or bad, and how ya would hunt in those conditions???? Any help would be great!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunt this week

We would need more info in order to help you? Wind speed? Where are you hunting? What equipment are you useing?
Old 12-25-2004, 10:47 AM

I don't know what the warm weather will do but I'm gonna go goose hunting as much as posibble this week.But on the warmest day I think I'll have to go fishing......
Old 12-25-2004, 11:30 AM

Well we are hunting in South west wisconsin with our rifles. It is a cwd zone and it is the last week to hunt. The wind is suppost to be around 5 mph from the south southwest. The area is hard woods that was logged about 20 years ago and is now pretty thick in some areas and really open in others. There are a bunch of lanes that were cut so the machines could get through. The woods is pretty much a deep vally with a 2 creeks at the bottom. It is a very steep hill with some where over a 500 foot change in elevation in less than a 1/2 mile. The tops are farm feilds of cut corn. We got two earlier this year in areas where the thick brush opens in to oak stands. But walkin seemed to be the most productive for seeing deer. I dont know about now....seeing as we have never hunted this late in the year.

If ya need anything else let me know, thanks for the help.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

I am hunting the CWD area but farther east. I have been doing real well sitting on the very cold days when the deer can't lay down to long. the other day it was 8 below and we had a 22 below windchill, I seen 9 deer in two hours on public land, all shootable. I do worse on the warmer days when they tend to stay bedded longer. If you can find some of that thick cover just over the top of one of those rdges that drop off, thats where the best deer should be bedded, try to set up on a cross wind or get real high to avoid the thermals, sit the last few hours and the 1st few hours and try walking up on them midday.