Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 This years bucks pics >

This years bucks pics

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

This years bucks pics

Old 12-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default This years bucks pics

These are the bucks I shot this year on public land in Wisconsins no limet CWD areas. I limeted myself to 2 1/2 or older bucks. I seen some much larger bucks, but it doesn't always work out.

Old 12-25-2004, 10:02 PM

Default RE: This years bucks pics

those are some nice deer bukmastr!! where i about do you hunt in the eradication zone?? just wondering cuz we have some lant about 10 miles north of Richland Center. Happy hunting, and congrats on some dandy deer

-Hoty
Old 12-26-2004, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Hoyt
Jefforson county. We are in the herd reduction unit. I would really like to give the erradication unit a try though. You know of any good public marshs that way? Our season ends new years weekend and it stays open thru march over there. I still have three buck tags if you want to get together and hunt over there?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

What do you do with all those deer? Do you get them tested or do you have to give them to the DNR? Nice deer.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

I just eat them, and mount the good ones. The DNR has the right to take the head at registration, but they were only there one of the times i registered one, they let me cape it and take the rack, they just wanted the scull and brains minus the section i needed for mounting.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bukmastr
The DNR has the right to take the head at registration.
No, they don't. The DNR politely asks you if you would voluntarily submit your deer head for CWD testing. You have the right to refuse, but that would be stupid.

Have you ever had one of your deer test positive?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: 1sagittarius

ORIGINAL: Bukmastr
The DNR has the right to take the head at registration.
No, they don't. The DNR politely asks you if you would voluntarily submit your deer head for CWD testing. You have the right to refuse, but that would be stupid.

Have you ever had one of your deer test positive?

WRONG! They have passed a law stateing they have the right to take the head at registration, as a matter of fact they threatened me with a large fine if I did not give them the head. This is the 1st year that law went into affect. Last year I was able to refuse. Why would i refuse?? The last thing I want them to do is find a deer in my county with CWD, Then they will do just what Aldo Leopold warned us about. Eliminate the entire species from this area. So far, They have not found a case of CWD from Jefforson county, or anywhere near my hunting area, but have gone ahaed and made this an intensive management area anyway, with no limets except to shoot a doe 1st. This desease has been out west and has done reletively little damage for over 20 years, no one out there even cares, but our DNR has decided to ERATICATE part of our herd. When they kill off all of your deer in your county as they keep expanding the borders, you will sing a different tune!

It is time for us to learn caution and restraint in our power to eradicate wild things.
--Aldo Leopold, December 5th, 1944
Old 12-27-2004, 11:03 PM

Holy Balls...Nice Deer
Old 12-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Nice bucks! So you actually had to also shoot 4 does to get tags for all those bucks. Man you must have a huge freezer to hold 8 deer. BTW, where in Helenville do you live? My boss lives on Bakertown Rd. Lot of nice land around there.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Browning,
i think he meant he had to shoot one doe first and then he could shoot all those bucks, not one doe for each buck. is that right bukmastr?

anyways nice bucks which ones are going on the wall?

Quick Reply: This years bucks pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.