Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Michigan Coyotes >

Michigan Coyotes

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Michigan Coyotes

Old 12-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Michigan Coyotes

Anyone having any luck or got any advice? I'm leaving on a trip to the U.P. and hoping to bag one. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-23-2004, 10:39 PM

Default RE: Michigan Coyotes

Think like a dying cottontail---------YOU ARE THE RABBIT!!!!!!!!!! lol No really go get a Johnny SterwartPremium predator Crit'r Getter Coaxer With the tape Its also a Squirrel Call(Bonuses) Listen to the tape It will tell you the ins and outs And get a Lohman Circe (light green) Long, Medium, Close range all in one. They have three in a pack also, I could never tell the difference between them in the dark. First thing when you set up if you are flying solo Wind in your face, if you've got a friend with you set up back to back because they will circle to the down wind about 20 to 40 yards to try and wind you try a cover scent you think they will like, dont use red fox they will run they want to eat not fight!!!!!!! get out the long range give it all you got, in small lung rabbit size burst. Hold it between your thumb and index finger knuckle move the rest of your fingers to aim the sound in diferent directions like your scrapping with a bobcat. Slow it down like you are catching your breath or just cut it off like you just got wacked. Wait for about 5 mins do it again. Go to the medium range wait 5 mins. Go to the close range wait 5 min. If your see or hear somthing SLOW IT DOWN, Go to the Johnny stewart call with the bellows (it's not as loud) or do the mouse squeaker(hold your thumb over the end of it) and just play with them if they hang up definatly use the squeaker the rest is up to you. If you have the money go get a decoy rabbit and a turkey(if you can do turkey Noise) Good luck!!!!!!!! This worked for us the first time out in 9 degree weather Sorry I wrote alot. Hope it works for you !