Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Hunting Liscence Fees >

Wisconsin Hunting Liscence Fees

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Hunting Liscence Fees

Old 12-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin Hunting Liscence Fees

Well I've just heard on the radio that the WDNR has voted to increase the fees for resident and non-resident hunting liscence. Bow and gun will go from $20 to $32 ea. for residents, not sure about non-residents. It was only a matter of time before they went up. How do these fees compare to the rest of the Mid-West? Any comments from fellow WI. hunters
Old 12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wisconsin Hunting Liscence Fees

I'm prayin it gets shot down, we still have a chance. If it does happen I'll pay it![8D] I get the Conservation Patron license so whats a few mor bucks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

I think it's a final deal, although I think the patron liscense fees will stay the same because of the price hike to that last year.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Historically, a resident fee increase is/was long over due. However, this also feels like it was long planned out. Note the non-resident fees were increased last year by a very small ammount. Thus the resident and non-resident fee increases are separated for political cushion on our "anti DNR" state legislaters. Our elected officials actually decide what license fees will be for residents and non-residents .... not the DNR.

The license fees go into the general state coffers, not the DNR budget. No matter how much the DNR collects in license fees, out elected officials still decide how much $ the DNR get to operate with. Having the DNR make the fee incrrease proposal just takes all the political heat off our elected officials from dumb sportsman.

Wisconsin is by far the #1 Pope&Young trophy state in the country, and only charges $160 for a deer license. What Wisconsin should be doing is charging non-residents deer license fees in the $300 range like Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Washingtion, and several othe states. The Illinois DNR is currently proposing the the state legislature a NR deer license fee between $400 - $500.

I have no problem with paying higher resident license fees, but would feel alot better if that $ only went toward the DNR's operating budget. The Non-residenet license should be raised again, only much higher, to the current high market value.

Increases sought for licenses

http://www.jsonline.com/outdoors/dec04/280815.asp
Old 12-12-2004, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think Ohio's tags are rediculous for residents. The license is $20 and each tag (deer and turkey) is $24.

If you kill 2 turkeys and 3 deer, you have spent about $140...AS A RESIDENT.

I hunt WV as a non-res and if you spend about $275 on licence/tags and that will get you 3 turkeys and about 8 deer. (I don't buy all the available tags)
Old 12-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 1sagittarius

Historically, a resident fee increase is/was long over due. However, this also feels like it was long planned out. Note the non-resident fees were increased last year by a very small ammount. Thus the resident and non-resident fee increases are separated for political cushion on our "anti DNR" state legislaters. Our elected officials actually decide what license fees will be for residents and non-residents .... not the DNR.

The license fees go into the general state coffers, not the DNR budget. No matter how much the DNR collects in license fees, out elected officials still decide how much $ the DNR get to operate with. Having the DNR make the fee incrrease proposal just takes all the political heat off our elected officials from dumb sportsman.

Wisconsin is by far the #1 Pope&Young trophy state in the country, and only charges $160 for a deer license. What Wisconsin should be doing is charging non-residents deer license fees in the $300 range like Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Washingtion, and several othe states. The Illinois DNR is currently proposing the the state legislature a NR deer license fee between $400 - $500.

I have no problem with paying higher resident license fees, but would feel alot better if that $ only went toward the DNR's operating budget. The Non-residenet license should be raised again, only much higher, to the current high market value.
I could not agree more 1sagittariu
Increases sought for licenses

http://www.jsonline.com/outdoors/dec04/280815.asp
Old 12-15-2004, 06:37 PM

as long as theirs republicans in the state the bill will get shot down and i heard that their are going to raise fishing and small game liscence 's to by like $7 for fishing and $3 or $4 for small game i heard it from my history teacher

rupublicans rule ya
Old 12-15-2004, 09:06 PM

Hey Konk, I live in Kaukauna during the week too!
Small world huh?
I live in Iowa but work for Harley-Davidson/Buell of Appleton.
I stay in Kaukauna during the week.
Stop in the shop sometime and say Hi.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:10 AM

Not only the prices but they seem to charge extra for tags or application ever year also.Plus this earn a buck deal,I had a kid just started hunting this year sitting with me for gun hunting,nobody had shot a doe yet,and of course what do you think we see opening day,a nice buck,no words could describe his reaction when he seen that buck.The dnr has to let them first timers shoot.What do you all think?.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:18 PM

get tommy thompson back, put prices back to same, have no earna buck, tzone is good enough. the only good thing from EAB was the fact that to shoot a buck you had to geta doe. people already got meat so they are mostly waiting for a big buck. therfore letting smaller ones go. in that case the lil ones will be bigger this season.
fishing,turkey,deer as i know of are all going up. The deer tag will be 32.00$ thats 12 $'s more.
it says its only a 3 year deal..and that our money is going towards the prevention of CWD.
thats gay, they say its in soil so many years and deer can still get it..what can you do to that?
really you cant stop CWD its been around this long. Its a disease.. they havnt stoped heart failure, aids etc. you can only make stuff or do stuff to prevent it. CWD will never be gone.
Now, Turkey hunting has nothing to do with deer hunting why should our tag for that go up.
Fishing has nothing to do period with hunting yet tahts going up. We cant do anything without paying, or getting a permit anymore. then at least every 5 years if not less it raises. i think the state of Wisconsin, with dildo doyle in there is really screwing up this states hutning and fishing.
also cutting stuff from DNR. i dont really like them but there is some good to them. They cutt pay from airplanes to catch poachers so a DNR saved his mony and rented one and caught these guys in less then and hour and he went 28 nites looking by vehical.
we need to get this liberal outa here but cant till 06 thank god. ill be 18 so then i can vote him out. we need a republican all there is. most republicans hunt or dont mind it. pretty soon we wont have guns and we will have to be like indians running deer instead of buffalo off a cliff.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Hunting Liscence Fees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.