Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois First Shotgun Season results >

Illinois First Shotgun Season results

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois First Shotgun Season results

Old 11-23-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Illinois First Shotgun Season results

How was everyone's first season. We did good. We got three Friday morning, myself, the wife, and my oldest daughter got her first ( a small 8 point buck). I got another one that afternoon. Saturday morning my other daughter got one and that afternoon my son (12) got his first, also a 8 point with a deformed antler. None wall hangers but all good meat! We got 5 small bucks and one doe. Someone chacked in a 20 point buck at Metropolis but I haven't heard the facts yet.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois First Shotgun Season results

i got a doe and my uncle got a button buck, not a very good year so far. but i heard on the radio that there was a possible 39 point buck checked in at the Quincy check in station and they sent a news crew after him anyone heard about it?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

My wife and I saw lots of small bucks and very few does...Maybe 8 all weekend...Saw probably 25-30 small bucks ranging from 1.5 year olds to 2.5 year olds...the 2.5 year olds are nice deer and should be really nice next year...Just lack the mass and tine length this year!

I shot an 11 point that ruff gross scores at 156 7/8"...

Old 11-24-2004, 07:59 PM

bwhunter501 i am from quincy illinois and i was at the check station every day of the first season after i hunted and never saw that deer but i have heard alot about it.if i get any furhter info i will let u know ASAP.

Alex Hastings
Old 11-25-2004, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

The deer you speak of made the news on Monday night I think it was...Had stickers all over it and wasn't very wide like maybe 14"....Just a really odd rack with stickers nothing really MASSIVE but very unique!!
Old 11-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I head down to shoot and compete in the ASA Pro/Am every year in Metropolis....... and every year in the Metropolis and Lake Mermit areas I see more Bucks than I see Does down there. Gotta try bowhuning down there some time
Old 11-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

heres my story...
last night of the 1st shotgun season, me and a buddy decided to sit in a new place by the well-known thicket that is on the land that we hunt. we found a good spot next to a fence with some nice cover around us. we had been there 30 minutes when i told my friend that i was possitive that i heard leaves crunching in the thicket, it sounded a lot different then a squirell so we kept our eyes over there, and out came a 2 1/2 8 point with a busted rack and limping heavily on its left shoulder, i decided that it would be a good idea to take this deer off, seeing as it was gonna die from injury if i wouldnt shoot it. he walked right to us 30 yards and i dropped him, we got up and saw a coyote run off that was right behind the deer, tracking it. the buckis a nice lookin character of broken up on 2 tines, so i european monted him. looks good.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing much here in Fayette County. I passed 2 young bucks and saw a decent 8 Friday evening.Out of range, of course.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Lady Forge

I head down to shoot and compete in the ASA Pro/Am every year in Metropolis....... and every year in the Metropolis and Lake Mermit areas I see more Bucks than I see Does down there. Gotta try bowhuning down there some time
Metropolis Is where I stayed (Best Western just off I24) for first season, where I got my 9 pointer. A lot of Superman stuff down there! And I got to say the hunting is pretty good in that area.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a buck opening morning 6:38. Another guy in our camp took a weird spiker at about 9:20. I took a nice doe at about 10:30. That was it. Saw plenty though by everyone.

Uncle Matt (in IL)

Quick Reply: Illinois First Shotgun Season results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.