Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota Deer

Old 11-23-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Minnesota Deer

Has anyone taken any nice deer from SE Minnesota yet this year?
Old 11-24-2004, 12:54 AM

Default RE: Minnesota Deer

i had a friend that missed a considerably nice 12 pointer at 50 yards away with slugs. running full bore. not too sure why he missed tho.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:32 PM

my dad shot himself a nice 10 pointer, but we couldn't find it time, but we have the rack though. the meat was ruined. I missed a 4 pointer, and i had a nice 6 pointer walk really close to me! Best year of my life even though i didn't get anything
Old 11-28-2004, 08:56 PM

Glad to hear people are seeing deer around here. I missed a 7 pointer with my bow then shot a 8 pointer but never found it. Finnaly I did get a doe with shotgun though. I will keep trying with my bow until the end of the season.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:22 PM

Anyone having any luck in the Metro area? I've been seeing plenty of deer, but nothing inside of 20 yards (hunting with a longbow). Got my muzzleloader license, though, so hopefully my Hawken will see some action this week.

Anyone else hunting public land? At this point, due to time constraints and an old truck, it's pretty much my only option. The deer are pressured, I keep running into squirrel and pheasant hunters, and there are beer/soda cans everywhere, but it's better than sitting at home.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:37 PM

brown is down, where do you live? i live in mankato, and we deer hunt in Madison Lake.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:27 AM

Im from Plainview about 30 mins from Rochester. Alittle ways from where you hunt.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer?

How can there be any nice deer with the username you choose. I despise hunters shooting at everything that moves.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep running into squirrel and pheasant hunters, and there are beer/soda cans everywhere,
Don't you just love the responsible hunters out there. Love nature but trash it.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:41 PM

Ok whitetail expert buckmine, first off you need to shoot does also, we can't all be trophy hunters like yourself. The deer herd would be outta wack even more than it is.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.