HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Central Ohio deer hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/80072-central-ohio-deer-hunting.html)

olwhitt 11-22-2004 05:49 PM

Central Ohio deer hunting

Hello everyone. This is my first post on any hunting forum. I was wondering if anyone knows of where I can deer hunt with a shotgun in Central Ohio? I live in Fairfield county. My dad and I lost our place to deer hunt, and we're having a heck of a time finding anyplace new. My dad has deer hunted all of his life but this year is the first year that I was planning on going with him. We've been knocking on doors but so far no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pat Curtis 11-22-2004 05:55 PM

RE: Central Ohio deer hunting

Yeah...I know a place in central Ohio. Go to down town Columbus...at the Ohio State campus..and take out my ex-girlfriend! ;)

t_miller316 11-22-2004 10:42 PM

pat curtis you sir are a idiot. you are talking to a juvenile hunter and like i said you are an idiot. this is a hunting forum anfd the administraters shoul ban you for talking crap like that after the events in wi. your an idiot. olwhitt if you must, go to muskingum county to hunt if you can not find anyplace. the have approximately 100000 acres to hunt that is either electric lands or management areas. all run by the dnr. there is plenty of room to get away from other hunters. and 5000 plus deer alone in that county last year were taken during gun season on both public and private property.

Pat Curtis 11-23-2004 05:17 PM

Bad day Miller? Get over it..it was a joke..hence the "wink." I'm sure a 5 year old has the ability to construe the digression of perception and reality of my original post.

Buck Huntin Girl 11-23-2004 05:38 PM

I thought it was funny, I definitely didn't see any reason for calling Pat an idiot, 3 times over especially!

I don't know Ohio very well, so I can't say where you should go... sorry.

Pat Curtis 11-23-2004 07:02 PM

And the thing is is that she IS a psycho! Did you know that I was not allowed to wear cologne except when I was with her..b/c she thought I was trying to seduce other girls with it!? Oh the stories I could tell about her... [:@]

On a serious note though...when I drove down to Columbus (taking HW 33)..I passed through some good areas that appeard to have decent hunting land. The one I remember the most was by a town called "Bellfountain" or something similar. It was hilly...lots of wooded areas..as well as farm land.

hunohio 11-24-2004 06:44 AM

olwhitt - I hunt public land in Muskingham County and suggest you give that a try. The Woodbury and Tri-Valley WMAs are good places to start.

shpines 11-27-2004 11:20 PM

There is some decent public land in Perry county right next to you. And there are some farmers that are more than willing to give permission. Muskingum county is good, too.

dirtbiker092003 12-01-2004 03:44 PM

Where at in fairfield do you live.