Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Can I hunt with you in Ohio???? >

Can I hunt with you in Ohio????

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Can I hunt with you in Ohio????

Old 11-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Can I hunt with you in Ohio????

Man am I frustrated. I got persission to hunt on a farm this year, and now they say I can only rabbit hunt. I had a couple of students I hunted with last year, but it's not going to work out this year. I hunted some state land last year, and it was horrible...tons of hunters, no deer.

My family is in Michigan, I live in central Ohio in a subdivision. I just can't get a break!!!!! I was looking to buy land, but I just can't afford it. Plus, I don't want to have to drive 2-3 hours just to do a little squirrel or 'yote hunting -- deer, I can handle the drive.

There's just so many people/houses in my area. It seems like every farm (which are disappearing by the day) out there has hunters on it already.

Sorry to vent here, but if you have any ideas for me....
Old 11-12-2004, 06:47 AM

Default RE: Can I hunt with you in Ohio????

etothepii, Head down to Athens area there is ton of good public land down there.
We are all feeling the pinch,
Old 11-12-2004, 07:03 AM

etothepii - Also consider Muskingham or Guernsey counties; there is plenty of plublic land in both. I normally hunt an area outside of Dresden each year with success, and yes, there are times when there seem to be hunters everywhere, but that isn't too frequent. Really, the only time I get bothered by the other hunters is when they are totally inconsiderate of everyone else in the woods. Fortunately, we don't encounter those types too often.

I share your desire to have your own hunting land. Problem is that not only is it not cheap, most parcels that are available at a decent price per acre are pretty small. Really need to have several guys go together to buy a bigger chunk when one becomes available.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:29 AM

DO what i do just take a day go up to some farm houses and ask....the worse that can happen is they say no.....unless the farmer has a shotgun haha
Old 11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess I'm going to look into hunting leases.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:37 PM

etothepii - If you REALLY want to look at hunting leases, check out www.basecampleasing.com. I seriously considered this in the past, but when you think about how much you spend and how little land you get to hunt, it just didn't seem to make sense to me. They do have some really nice larger tracks available, but you either need to have a whole lot of money or a bunch of buddies to go together with.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hunohio

etothepii - If you REALLY want to look at hunting leases, check out www.basecampleasing.com. I seriously considered this in the past, but when you think about how much you spend and how little land you get to hunt, it just didn't seem to make sense to me. They do have some really nice larger tracks available, but you either need to have a whole lot of money or a bunch of buddies to go together with.
I signed up with that site earlier today. It got me thinking... If these folks want thousands to hunt their 200 or 300 acres, then some local guy with 20, 30, 50 acres might take a couple hundred to let me hunt, oh say October through January. Just deer, small game, and varmints. I'll try anyway.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does your family have any property in MI? Fowlerville, isn't it?

My schedule is darn tight for the rest of the season, but if we could swing it, you are more than welcome to join me for a weekend at the property (40 acres in Harrison, mid-MI). Only trouble is, you'd be out $140 for an out of state license.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:14 PM

I found some land for sale during the summer and made a similar offer; figured if they couldn't sell it by November, maybe they'd be willing to take a few dollars to let me hunt it. Tried it on a couple of listings, but never found any takers.

Why don't you want to hunt public land? There is some good areas out there, although you do need to learn how to hunt them. If you position yourself right, you can even take advantage of the other hunters' movements to push deer to you.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:45 PM

What county are you from?

Quick Reply: Can I hunt with you in Ohio????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.