Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Best week to hunt illinois >

Best week to hunt illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Best week to hunt illinois

Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default Best week to hunt illinois

when do you think is the hottest time to hunt Illinois? The 1st , 2nd or 3rd week in november? Ive aleays did well the 2nd week.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best week to hunt illinois

1st week IMO, the rut will reach is peak about the middle of next week im guessing.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:21 PM

im gonna hit the trails next sunday, then tuesday and wednesday...the 7th 9th, and 10th
Old 10-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

We're gonna need some cooler temps to get things going really good. I would look for the first two weeks of November to be excellent as long as it cools down.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:46 PM

The two weeks before shotgun season are the best, especially the two or three days right before shotgun season.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I strongly agree with JP and Titleist. Yesterday was about 70 degrees so that doesn't help get rut going. Although I saw plenty of deer from stand yesterday PM. Might try & take the fatter one today or tomorrow. I wish (just once to see how it turns out) they would put shotgun season in the rut. It might really help control herd numbers. I know last year they were still chasing a bit on shotgun opener.

Anyone shotgunning Johnson county?

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 10-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Ive kinda been buying time this week because the temps are soo warm. 70 degrees is too hot to see good pre rut movement. Next week I will start hunting hard.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:56 PM

I always wanted them to put shotgun season about two weeks later, then instead of 2 seperate seasons, just have one long one.

anyway

with the weather forcast and all. I'm thinking they will chase hard the 2nd or 3rd week dusring a good cold snap.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my first year hunting in Il. So all I can say is where the heck is the colder weather. Also what is taking them farmers so long to harvest the corn...As long as the corn is up and the weather is like it has been them deer just don't want to be moving around. Hopfully this coming weekend it will cool down and then the action might heat up...I hope...good luck to all...
Old 10-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BUCKMARK

This is my first year hunting in Il. So all I can say is where the heck is the colder weather. Also what is taking them farmers so long to harvest the corn...As long as the corn is up and the weather is like it has been them deer just don't want to be moving around. Hopfully this coming weekend it will cool down and then the action might heat up...I hope...good luck to all...
I have been told that the farmers leave the corn in the fields longer so it will dry out better. Supposedly they are charged to have to corn dried after it is harvested, so it is to the farmers advantage to let it dry out longer.
Not sure if its B/S or not, just what someone told me when I wondered the same thing.

Quick Reply: Best week to hunt illinois

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.