Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Carroll County Illinios Big buck Territory >

Carroll County Illinios Big buck Territory

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Carroll County Illinios Big buck Territory

Old 10-19-2004, 12:06 PM

Default Carroll County Illinios Big buck Territory

Set up our stands this weekend. Ground is torn up but no rub activity to speak of. About 50% of the corn is up so we only saw one tail moving through the forest.

Last year we got 5 deer, a huge 8pt my 13 year old son shot, a smaller 8 pt, a huge doe that field dressed at 160 lbs and 2 smaller does does. One of our crew saw at least a 12 pt but his gun jamed and he did not get a shot off. It is still out there for us this season.

Broadhead Bob you coming out this season. That invite for a brew at Buck's Barn is still on. There is a 200+ class buck just waiting to hang on your wall.

Regards,

RRT
Old 10-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Carroll County Illinios Big buck Territory

My client got married 2 years ago and thus I "lost" my invite as the new wife has a lot of "family" that hunts. I went out in 00 and 01 and missed 02 due to my son being born. I was not invited for 03 or 04 as the farim is "too crowded" although I could bowhunt if I wanted. I am goign out to see this guy on 11/4.

I'm basically stuck hunting Jersey for now where it's mostly scrub bucks and the occasional decent 8pt.

Good luck.

Ps--I quit JPMChase and went to Barclays..
Old 10-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was right on the JoDaviess/Carroll County border for the last 10 years or so. Last year we decided that dealing with the hassles the landowner was causing us just wasn't worth the time we put in trying to get trophy deer, so this year we're about an hour North - in Grant County, Wi. I tell ya what, it's a night and day difference between the amount of deer and awesome sign we saw in IL to the lack of sign and deer up where we're at in WI. Right about now I'm missing my IL spot, that's for sure. [&:]
Old 10-19-2004, 02:59 PM

I live in Wisconsin but Hunt Illinios. There is not a single brush pile that does not get hunted and its brown its down is the general rule back home. On the bluff we own a piece of which is 5000 acres there are only 21 hunters out. Last year I saw 38 deer with in 200 yards of my stand in 2 1/2 days.

Bad news is the outfitters are looking to lease land as the true trophies are gone in Pike County and they are looking elseware. Hope the local boys don't give in but I know they have been contacted as I got 3 calls this summer.
RRT
Old 10-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

We hunted in Pearl City--Carroll Cty. Hunted 2 yrs and shot a big 9t and a 156 1/2 BC 10pt in 01. Locals still rule the roost but outfitters and people from the Chicago area are honing in.

Great area that is not fully recognized but has some monsters. Good luck.
Bob
Old 11-01-2004, 07:19 AM

Out turkey hunting. We saw a nice six Pt. a huge 10 Pt and a bunch of does running around. Rubs are showing up srapes are all over the place. The temps are going to be more seasonal by next week, in the low 20s. That will get the fun started. Corn is all gone and that will help also.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:32 PM

Picked the last 40 acres of corn on the back of the farm. Kicked out a dozen deer that I saw. Bucks were chasing does, saw 2 big boys running at dusk. Hope they stick around for the party in two weeks. They are the guest of honor.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:09 AM

kICKED UP A BIG SIX PT. THERE HADTO BE A DOZEN DOES OUT IN THE FEILD GRAZING. CAN'T WAIT FOF THE RUBS AND SCRAPES ALL OVER. COLDER NEXT WEEK ALSO. CARROLL COUNTY IS REALLY DEER HEAVEN
Old 11-09-2004, 08:57 PM

This late in the season and I still haven't been able to get out. School and other obligations have left me with little time to go out. I am hoping to get out a couple times before shotgun season. I go in Stephenson about 2 miles north of Carroll.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:46 AM

A couple of outfitters have recently contacted me to lease our land. I see they charge $1,000 to $2,000 for deer and turkey hunts depending on the season. What to these guys pay in Pike County IL or other prime areas to lease? How long are the leases? I don't plan lease, but I bet the other land owners will jumpll over the cash.

Quick Reply: Carroll County Illinios Big buck Territory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.