Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ANY LUCK IN OHIO?? >

ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

Old 10-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

I have been hunting pretty hard in brown county along the ohio river, but the deer, where they were all last year, arent there now!![:@] So far one of my guest have only taken a small doe which was a mangament doe. I havent found anymore rubs or any scrapes, we didnt have a good mast crop of acorns this year either![:@] Things are off to a very slow start, i should have seen about 100 deer so far, and i myself have yet to have my first encounter with any deer myself. How much luck has anyone else who hunts ohio have had?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

Hey turkey _hunter, thanks for the reply, i guess not alot of ohio hunters here huh? I had 3 nice toms come in on me while i was deer hunting in a ground blind, boy that got me excited..........too bad i didnt have a tag for fall season at that time!![:@] Needless to say i went out and bought one!
Old 10-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm seeing does and one small buck. He's a small 7pt, and his time on earth is limited if he keeps giving me 15 yard broadside shots...LOL

Not seeing much, though. Richland/Morrow county here.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:46 AM

I hunt in Clermont County. I also hunt in SE Indiana, whcih is where I have spent all of my time up to this point (Non Resident tag=$120.75!!) I am going to hunt in Ohio htis weekend. I hunt a property across the street from my mom and dad, and my dad says there are deer everywhere!!! Now that being said......I probably will not see a thing this weekend!!! [&:][&:]
Old 10-20-2004, 05:29 PM

I have been seeing deer in Erie County and Huron County. Have not scored yet but am seeing good numbers.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:55 PM

I got a doe Sunday evening. I have only seen one buck and that was a little 5 point on 3rd day of season. I have yet to hunt private land though. Friday I am going to a farm I have permission to hunt and I have seen a couple rubs there and a fresh scrape. I did some low impact scouting Tuesday afternoon. I'm still lookin for that big buck. I mostly hunt Delaware county.

TBO
Old 10-21-2004, 06:41 AM

We have seen several bucks in our area (Perry & Muskingum counties). Some are really nice. I haven't had any in close enough, but my hubby got a nice 8 pt on the 19th.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-22-2004, 02:09 PM

I have been out 5 times I only get to go out on the weekends. I hunted Monroe county 4 days and Holmes county one day. I have seen about 27 deer but nothing cloes enough to shoot.

Quick Reply: ANY LUCK IN OHIO??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.