Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 looking for some info. >

looking for some info.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

looking for some info.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:14 PM

Default looking for some info.

i'm trying to plan a hunt for my father and i. An illinois gun hunt is what we are thinking, I was hoping someone could give me some info on a hunt they may have had. (who they booked with, good hunt or not, trophy whitetail 140 class or better, ect, whatever info you can offer. THANKS and good luck this fall....
Old 09-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: looking for some info.

ORIGINAL: browning13601

i'm trying to plan a hunt for my father and i. An illinois gun hunt is what we are thinking, I was hoping someone could give me some info on a hunt they may have had. (who they booked with, good hunt or not, trophy whitetail 140 class or better, ect, whatever info you can offer. THANKS and good luck this fall....
Hey Browning,
I have been looking at a lot of illinois outfitters and have worked with my share. We are going to be filming our Illinois hunts at Tall tines outfitters in Greene co. He seemed to have the best operation of the ones we looked at. He has about 10,000 acres under management. He only takes a few gun hunters each year, so you might want to try and get involved for next year now. It is real easy to find an outfitter in Illinois, but we found it real hard to find a good one. Seems everybody in the state and even quite a few people who do not even reside in Illinois are all outfitters[:'(] The guy who runs tall tines is Joe Gizdic. He showed us video of a guy missing a 180 class buck last year at close range with a muzzle loader and anouther guy rattling in a 150's class deer and shooting it with bow only to have a bigger one come running in right after the shot. I recently talked to one of his guides who is helping me get video footage and he has filmed a 190 class and a few other slightly smaller booners already this year. I have both a gun and a bow tag for there. Here is a link to see some of the booners guys have taken in the last couple years and to veiw the 180+ class with the drop tine video took there. it will also get you into his website. http://bloodbro.com/talltines/index.htm