Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Looking for a place to bowhunt the Midwest >

Looking for a place to bowhunt the Midwest

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Looking for a place to bowhunt the Midwest

Old 07-11-2004, 10:22 PM

Default Looking for a place to bowhunt the Midwest

I failed to get a archery permit for Ill. this weekend and now I'm looking for another place to go this season.

Anybody know what state I can still get an archery tag??
Old 07-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looking for a place to bowhunt the Midwest

Wisconsin tags are over the counter and there's a ton of good public hunting land all over the state. Maybe you can try there?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:25 AM
Typical Buck

MO tags are over the counter as well.

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info guys....maybe I'll make a scouting trip to MO soon, since it is closer to me than Wis. I'm from Ms.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:45 AM

stroker ace if you get up to Mo let me know, There is a lot of govt ground near me open to hunting. The huge Mark Twain Forest is near by, with hundreds of thousands of acres but almost all timber, and if you dont know the land it can be tough hunting. Also we have Indian Trail State Park about 8 miles from me its 14000 acres of great hunting and they have food plots and really good timber, its pretty good bowhunting before rifle season, but arter rifle it gets a little harder. Let me know if your interested.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:13 PM

Angus74, hey, thanks for the info. Maybe we can get together and do some bowhunting.

You do any good lately on the gov't land. How much is a non-resident archery tag anyway?

Our gov't land really gets hammered during deer season.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

You don't want a tag for Illinois anyway. we are low on deer population and what we have are all small and sickly looking.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:45 PM

Bucky, I've been hunting Ill. with some family and friends who live there for almost 14 years and the last 8 years straight and have harvested several P/Y bucks, so I know your just trying to pull my leg.[&:]

Ya'll are blessed to have such quality bucks in your state. By the way, I drive right through Carbondale every year and I think about hunting the refuge there every time I pass by.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:05 PM

stroker ace. A non resident archery in Missouri is 120.00 and allows you to take two deer and two turkeys, but only one can be a buck before the rifle season in November. The county where I live also has unlimited doe only tags available for 7.00 each for as many does as you want to take. I havent hunted Indian Trail Park much the last couple years because I have permission to hunt a 2000 acre peice of property thast borders it and I have to drive on thru it. But its pretty good and I knowa lot of guys who do pretty good there. Let me know if you decide to come up.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have a couple spots on my Buffalo county Wisconsin lease left, tags are over the counter for about $135. Huge bucks, but the lease is a little expensive. Bowhunting starts in mid-september. Only looking for management minded hunters who are like us. If your interested, I will talk with you about joining us.
[email protected]

Quick Reply: Looking for a place to bowhunt the Midwest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.