Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wis. Deer & Turkey Expo >

Wis. Deer & Turkey Expo

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wis. Deer & Turkey Expo

Old 03-24-2004, 08:26 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wis. Deer & Turkey Expo

Going down Friday night after work and staying overnight in a hotel. Will then hit Saturday and come home Sat. evening.

Always a good time for hunters. Sort of like a trip to the toy store when you were a kid. Seminars are generally pretty good, though I confess to nodding off sometimes when they dim the lights for slides.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:59 AM

I agree, Friday evening seems to be the best day to go down. Never had a problem with vendors not being there and alot LESS people. Can actually stop a talk to people and see the products better. Again, I am sure it will once again be a good show.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Will be there the whole weekend. Hit the seminars on Sat and the Whitetails Unlimited Banquet on Sat night. Sunday we hit the show and then head home.

Don
Old 04-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

My wedding anniversary is 4/3 so I agreed to miss the show for the big years(5,10,15 ETC.) Well this is year 11 and I will be there on Saturday. I will be there when the doors open so I can take it all in.

The trick is not to drop more $ on the show then on the wife that day.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 04-01-2004, 07:12 PM

Hey i cant make it caus i have an FFA thing to go to, but my two buddies are going. so if u see a blond kid about 15 walkin up to ppl putting there hand in there face and saying howdy thats him. have fun everyone[>:]i wanna go!
Old 04-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I'm from Indiana and made the drive up. It was a good time. About 5 times the size of the Indiana show.

Did anyone see the WDNR Wall of Shame? Don K was listed as Wisconsin's Most Wanted! Seems he got caught by one of the roadside mechanical bucks. Pulled out an automatic assault weapon from under his seat and blew multiple buck parts off. When it still did not go down, he charged the buck and wrestled it to the ground. He was captured by several officers attempting to stab the deer's eyes out with a pen knife. For his punishment he is being denied all hunting rights in Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa for 3 years, and forced to accept an Indiana buck tag instead! The WDNR means business.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Now now Ken...................

We all know that Indiana is the trophy center of the U.S.

Maybe the DNR should set up a roadside deer scouting camera to try to cath the paintball culprit that is damaging your cameras???

Old 04-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I am not going to wait for Barney Fife to fish for his trusty bullet in his pocket while our intruder escapes. Can't wait til October so I can commence my hunt for the paintballer personally. Next time he'll be pullin lead shot from his a$$.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

I made it for about five hours on Sat. I was hoping to see the replicas of the record bucks but I guess they weren't there this year.[&o]
Old 04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

The show was a good time once again. Good deer seminars by Mark Isenhard and Greg Miller. I did notice that the selection for clothing seemed a little more sparse than in years past.

Quick Reply: Wis. Deer & Turkey Expo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.