Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 23 day WI season proposed. >

23 day WI season proposed.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

23 day WI season proposed.

Old 02-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default 23 day WI season proposed.

The WI DNR is proposing a 23 day firearms season this year. They plan to eliminate zone T and muzzleloader season. This would allow muzzleloaders to be used during the regular season with scopes greater than 1X, but then you could also use a centerfire rifle.

I could live without the zone T and earn a buck, but the muzzleloader season would be hard for me to give up.

The article was in the February, 13 2004 issue of Wisconsin outdoor news.

What do you guys think??

Cybersniper
Old 02-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Banned

Default RE: 23 day WI season proposed.

As long as it starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving I can live with this.

Peak

Live and Learn
Old 02-13-2004, 11:39 AM

What abouth the Rifles Above 29? And Shotguns Below 29?
lmao,I live 1/2 mile below 29,I hate that.[>:]....
Sounds Cool tho more hunting time, T-zone I dont hunt, And Earn a Bck I really Dont Want!23 days a long time. More time to wait out on that big Ol Boy.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:33 PM

Don't forget, you'll also be able to bowhunt during this time too. Have to where blaze orange. This proposal would start the Saturday before Thanksgiving and run for 23 days using gun, bow, muzzleloader with what ever power scope you want, centerfire to be used in areas the same as now from what I understand. This would stop the T zones and earn a buck. I actually think this just might pass. I'm still undecided just because I always liked the muzzleloader season, but if it eliminates the T zone during rut, hmmmmmmmm.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:32 PM

personally i wouldnt mind it. if it starts the weekend b4 thanksgiving. i like the idea of getting rid of the rut tzone. i see too many bucks during it! turkeyhunter where are u located i live about 1 and a 1/2 south of it. jw where u are
Old 02-13-2004, 06:32 PM

I hate the T zone, so lets give a try! I don't think there would be many people hunting the last week of the 23 day season. There are not many hunters out the 2nd(last) weekend in the present 10 day season. They want to give everyone a buck or doe tag, one deer only. No more $3.00 hunter choice and revenue for the DNR. I sure the cost of the deer license will go up. What do you think $30, 35?
Old 02-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

It's hard to say, I see the patron's license went up to $140.00 Ouch.. that hurts the wallet.

Cyber
Old 02-14-2004, 05:02 AM

Ain't that something, raise the patrons and what did we get? Seems to me they took away our sturgeon tag this year. If the patrons is going up again, I bet everything else goes up too! The state cut a bunch of DNR service jobs this year, then fees go up, again, don't no what to say but OUCH!
Old 02-14-2004, 04:32 PM

Tigerton Address But 1/2 mile under 29, Next To Wittenberg.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:08 PM

Jacko, look at the jerk we have for a govenor. He said no tax increase but is raising every fee from vehicle registration plates to hunting licenses.

I don't see a problem with the season as they proposed. I would rather have my muzzleloading season to myself and the bowhunters but such is life. The key to me is that the starting date remains the same and it looks that way as of now.
The trade off I see as a bowhunter is no T-zone during early bow season. That's a good thing. That might effect some people who want ot take their kids gun hunting during school/teachers convention break but Im sure if there are enough concerned they'll make their voices heard.

Quick Reply: 23 day WI season proposed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.