Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE >

THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE

Old 11-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE

Went bow hunting this morning at the Yellowstone Public Hunting grounds near Argyle, Wis.. Unknownst to me, my GPS(garmin legend) and its case slid off my fanny pack belt when I stopped to make an adjustment beause it was sliding down off my waist.
An hour after I was home, 25 miles away, while I was showering my son said somebody rang the door bell and put somethng in the mailbox. I went to see what was there and here was my GPS.
I' ve had it for about 18 months and just a month ago my brother came home from Turkey(Air Force) and showed me how I can have the unit turn on saying " This unit belongs to (my name), please return it to (my address).
There were three vehicles in the lot when I left. One a green car, which my son stated he seen two gentlemen drive off in after depositing the gps. I believe these were pheasant hunters. You always hear about the bad apples amongst us, but theres lots of good folk amongst us as well. These hunters are definitely the good guys.
THANKS AGAIN, I WOULD REALLY HAVE MISSED MY GPS.
Dan
Old 11-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE

Now that' s a darn good GPS unit! Not only can it show you the route home, it can find it' s own way home!

Seriously, if you can program it to give verbal instructuions I have to think you might be able to have it not only tell the address but show the route, too.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 11-08-2003, 06:01 PM

dkbs, That' s awesome. I think you should send this letter to your local newspaper. We all know that most hunters are honest people. Unfortunately very few non-hunters read this forum but alot read the local paper. This gives you a chance to show them what stand-up guys hunters are. Basically it' s good, free publicity for the great men and women who enjoy hunting.

TJ
Old 11-08-2003, 11:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

THAT RULES!!!!!![8D]