Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio deer proposals for 2019 & 2020 seasons >

ohio deer proposals for 2019 & 2020 seasons

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio deer proposals for 2019 & 2020 seasons

Old 02-05-2019, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default ohio deer proposals for 2019 & 2020 seasons

although odnr has not proposed anything as of yet for next year deer season . i would like to see a saturday after thanksgiving opener & run it thru the following sunday giving us a 9 day gun season & then eliminate the extended gun season two weeks later & have the 4 day muzzleloading season start on the day after christmas & run it thru dec 31 giving us a 6 day muzzleloading season. also go to a 2 deer limit for at least for 1 year & making it 1 buck & 1 doe or 2 doe statewide & no bull crap about after gun season anterled deer only on state game land . what does everybody else think ?
Old 02-05-2019, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

I think it sounds good, but it wont all happen. Especially not all at once.

as for deer limits, hunters need to be responsible for the herd, because the state can't handle it. If you hunt a property where you see 30+ deer a night, you need to be able to harvest more deer.

Likewise if you hunt all season and see two deer total, maybe you should eat your tag that year. It takes common sense. But we know that's not common...
-Jake
Old 02-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

i agree with you jake but it would be nice to have these changes . but i really doubt if anything will change. yes common sense has gone to the waste side.should see proposals by the 8 of feb.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

talked to a wildlife officer & he said what he's heard no changes are coming. will see today the wildlife council meets & proposals will be either out late today if not will be out tomorrow
Old 02-14-2019, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

well the 2019-20 proposals are up & really nothing has changed . no anterless deer on public land after 1st week of gun season. all counties have stayed the same as last years as how many deer you are aloud for that county.
archery would start sept 28 & run thru feb 2 2020
youth season nov 23 &24
gun week dec 2 thru dec 8
extended gun season 21 &22
muzzleloader season jan 4 thru jan 7 2020
they are proposing that you can legally have a copy of your license on your phone & would not have to carry a license with you & wait til you get home to check in your deer.