Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio archery season starts 9/29/18 >

ohio archery season starts 9/29/18

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio archery season starts 9/29/18

Old 09-30-2018, 03:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default ohio archery season starts 9/29/18

ohio archery season opened yesterday & was out from sunrise to 10 am & seen 2 doe with fawns & won't shoot momma with babies. went back out @ 4 pm & could hunt until 742 pm did'nt see anything until 712 pm which was sunset time & boy did the deer pour out of findley state park. i hunt next to it on private property. seen 20 does & some with there fawns . all too far for a shot. then around 730 seen the first buck of the day. he was a big bodied deer probalary around 175 to 200 lbs. but a very small rack only a 4 pointer. even it was too far to shoot.when it was around other deer it would trumped the other deer. just impressive body size. i don't think i would of shot it if it was with in shooting distance.

Last edited by t.shaffer; 09-30-2018 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

I won't have much time this fall with a new baby, and increased duties at work. But the temps yesterday had me longing for the woods.

-Jake
Old 10-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

jake congrat's on the new baby! well hope you make the best of your when you get to go hunting. was out sunday & seen alot of deer around sunset again nothing close to shoot.heading out now monday afternoon with my 450 bushmaster to hunt on a farm with deer damage permits.can take 6 & then 6 more permits . either sex can be taken .the 450 bm can reach out a little further .
Old 10-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

I made some calls to some farms with damage permits this past year without luck.

I used to "red tag" when I lived in PA which was all damage permit hunts.

If you know of any farms that need an additional hunter, I'm safe and responsible and willing to take whatever they need taken!

-Jake
Old 10-02-2018, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

pretty tough to get permission for deer damage property just nobody wants to let you hunt there . the property i hunt the gentleman passed away in july& this will probably be the last year i get to do it . i think the family is going to sell the christmas tree farm