Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
attention ohio deer hunters new regs in proposal >

attention ohio deer hunters new regs in proposal

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

attention ohio deer hunters new regs in proposal

Old 02-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default attention ohio deer hunters new regs in proposal

if you hunt deer in ohio on public land .there is a proposal that you can only harvest 1 doe per year on public land & as of dec 2 2018 on public land only ,you will only be permitted to harvest antlered deer only on public land . so you WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO HARVEST A DOE ON PUBLIC LAND AFTER DEC 2 . i think this proposal is BULL CRAP! i myself do 99% of my hunting on private land but still think this is bunch of bs. ok my issue is what if you are hunting the extended gun season or muzzy season on private land & you shoot a doe which would be legal& it takes off & dies on state game land 500 yrds away. now what happens . you have a dead doe & can not legally RETRIEVE IT.. it died on state land & you can't harvest a doe after dec 2 .so it is a wasted dead deer.how do you think anti hunting groups are going to see this! huh? come on odnr what the heck are you thinking?
first you say there are way too many deer in ohio & now all of a sudden , can't kill deer on public land . come on odnr GIVE ME A BREAK!

Last edited by t.shaffer; 02-08-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:36 AM
Typical Buck

it's official as of may 17 2018 the reg's are now official 1 doe & 1 buck only on state game lands & no does to be taken after sunday dec 2 2018 on state lands . really going to suck for people who hunt public land.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Yep.

Hopefully it helps the herd as they think it will.

-Jake
Old 06-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

There will be allot less people out for extended firearms and for late muzzleloader.

-Jake
Old 06-11-2018, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

yes sir there will be alot less hunters out after dec 3 & i think also for gun season. on public land. i hunt mostly private land but that is starting to get scarce. farms being leased to out of staters for hi dollars. only time i go public anymore is when a friend wants to go due to they can't get axcess to private land . also i believe this is the 1st yr for non resident increase in license fees. will see how that works out