Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

rut?

Old 10-27-2003, 02:28 PM

Default rut?

when do southern illinois bucks start to rut? what is hte best way ot hunt these monsters
Old 10-27-2003, 10:39 PM

Default RE: rut?

While we are at it, what about northern Illinois. And to hunt them, go sit in a tree all day, dont stink, be quiet, be alert.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:42 AM

I cant talk from personal experience, because I only hunt michigan....but I have read that any place above the 37th parallel the rut happens at the same time. So it should be starting about now and reach its peak in november.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

The rut is kick' n in hard rigthg now. Lots of chasing!!!!! Get out in the woods. Wish I could...lots of work to do [:@]
Old 10-31-2003, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Pre-rut is kicking in right now so the bucks are rubbing, scraping, fightning, and starting to chase does.

The peak of the rut will be in about another 2 weeks or so.

To hunt them you need to get on the property next to where I hunt and walk around a lot.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:43 PM

the rut is heavy right now,get out in the woods every chanse you get and hang with them thats the only way to get the big ones lots of waiting
Old 11-12-2003, 09:24 PM

Oh man, I know the rut is on, but there is a problem, I' m at school, thats not a big deal, but its four hours from home! Hey JZ, I tell ya what, you come walk around by where I hunt, and I might walk around where you hunt.