Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ohio Gun Season >

Ohio Gun Season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Gun Season

Old 01-13-2016, 01:18 AM
Typical Buck

Unhappy

well the muzzlerloading is done & up here in north east ohio the last 2&1/2 days were miserable in weather down pour of rain turns into snow & & then it gets friggit cold & seems like all the deer go into lock down may of seen 6 deer the last 2 1/2 days & they we out right after dark 30. oh well but i did enjoy being out. still love muzzleloading season the best.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

At least you got out. I was wishing I could be the whole time. Didn't hear of any of my friends getting anything around Trumbull county.
-Jake
Old 01-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

yea muzzleloading kill was way down this year i hunt lorain county & they were @ 104 kills & previous year was @ 164 seen this in odnr report. but hey had a good time out there, just being able to get out & enjoy the fresh but freezing cold air. just remember a bad day of hunting beats a good day at work.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

hey tom, what's it cost for an out of state license in Ohio? are you allowed to hunt with revolvers in ohio? I have a 44 and a 41 mag. just might be interested in trying hunting over there.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:14 AM
Typical Buck

mr slim non resident hunting license right now is $125 & $ 24 for each either sex permit. they were suppose to raise the n/r hunting license to
200 but it failed last yr but i have heard thru several game officials that it will go to 200 & either sex tags for n/r will raise from 24 to 40. & yes you can use a handgun as long as they are straight walled cartridge & barrel length of 5" or longer & must be 357 caliber or larger.
& there is no capacity limit on a handgun if it hold 10 then you can load up 10 bullets.