Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
"Do you LIKE T-Zones? You support them? >

"Do you LIKE T-Zones? You support them?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

"Do you LIKE T-Zones? You support them?

Old 02-07-2002, 12:41 PM

Default RE: "Do you LIKE T-Zones? You support them?

Brian, sorry for the delay in my reply. I agree with your views as well. I along with my hunting partners would be willing to keep an eye on our property that long if need be. We have an array of neighbors that watch out for each other. It's a great partnership. The old adage question comes up and will continue to as the years go by..."when is enough, enough?" If it took a 16 day gun season, to eliminate the Zone T, particularily the early Zone T, I would be all for it. However, nothing is a guarantee. In my perfect world, the DNR would issue bowhunters two tags statewide. One for antleress only, and another for either sex. The DNR wants us to shoot as many deer as we can, as long as we pay for extra permits in non-T zone areas. It's ridiculous. They want a lot of deer harvested, but want to make a dollar on just about every deer that is killed. If two tags were issued, many hunters would take that extra doe that so many pass up. I, on the other hand, pass up numerous small bucks each year hoping to get a shot at a mature doe with fawns, or the obvious shooter buck. What is the answer? The harvest of many antlerless deer is the DNR's answer. The hunter's reply question...."when is enough, enough?" That is why I truly believe quality deer management is the answer for it all. Will it ever happen statewide........unlikely. I have never learned more about deer hunting until I started passing on small bucks. I know it's hard, especially when hunting public land that some hunters have to hunt. But I guarantee, you'll learn more and see things you have never seen, such as bucks fighting/sparring, grunting, snort and weeze, etc. All things I have seen since I passed on small bucks. Things I never would have seen if I was hunting like I used to, because the little bucks that ended up putting on the show, would have been running off with an arrow through their lungs long before the show started.

Let 'Em Go, Let 'Em Grow
Old 02-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2002, 09:03 PM

What the heck is a T-Zone?
Old 02-12-2002, 09:25 PM

Old dog, Wisconsin is divided up into 129 deer management units (DMU). For the last several years, units with a high deer population have been grouped in a "T-zone" for a special, 4 day, antlerless, gun season the end of October, and another in December, aside from the normal 9 day gun season, begining the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It's a very hot topic right now. Bowhunters don't care for the October season.

Edited by - sagittarius1 on 02/13/2002 10:07:39
Old 02-15-2002, 08:11 PM

I can see why! Thanks for the info!