Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Got a doe first day out >

Got a doe first day out

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Got a doe first day out

Old 10-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Got a doe first day out

Im a happy camper, I had to work this morning so I went out this afternoon. About 4:30 I saw 1 doe about 40 yds in front of me, but it walked away. And about 5:30 3 doe' s were about 20 yds behind me but I had no shot. I watched them for a long time and one of them circled back by my area, but after about 15 mins started to walk past me and way off to the left. I kept watching her and she started smelling the air and much to my disbelief she started walking right toward me. I have few shooting lanes but she walked right into one and I drilled her. I watched her run off and then heard her crash.

I climbed down and could find no blood trail, or my arrow so I just walked in the direction she went and I found her about 50 yds from my stand. I found half of my arrow inside her (the sharp end be careful almost cut myself) when I field dressed her. What a good feeling now the pressure is off for the rest of the season and I can relax.........Jeff
Old 10-05-2003, 06:29 AM
Banned

Default RE: Got a doe first day out

Way to go, Happy For You! You earned it now go out and get your buck

Peak
Live and Learn
Old 10-05-2003, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got a doe first day out

CONGRATS ON THE DOE[8D]