Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Deer Movement/Rut Activity >

Deer Movement/Rut Activity

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Deer Movement/Rut Activity

Old 11-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Movement/Rut Activity

Hey everyone, just thought it could be a good idea for a thread of any activity that people are seeing in their stands. Rut should be getting very close for most of us in the Midwest and any information we can share the better all of us might be. Have been seeing an increase in buck sightings. Although they are not big mature bucks I have seen some decent 2 year olds. I think we are right around the corner in the next week or two for things to really be heated up. Have been seeing and hearing about more mature deer starting to hit the ground. Good luck to everyone and stay safe!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Oh yea, I am hunting Macoupin County, half hour south of Springfield or so.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Haven't been out in two weeks, but its on this weekend. Hopefully the corn is down. BTW, I hunt near carrollton.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Seems to be slow for this time of year but should be breaking open any day now. Usually there is more mature does with nice bucks following them by this time of the year but it seems like the does still have there fawns with them. I have seen does and fawns every time out but no real rut activity recently. There was more activity 2 weeks ago than there is now.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

We have this rain system moving through this week and then some cold weather pushing through and I think or am hoping that it will fire them up for the weekend
Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Banned

Lots of activity in PA. Was out last night and had 2 bucks chasing does right around me from 4:30 until totally dark.

Others close by having the same luck. Reports are of a lot on the ground
Old 11-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

A lot of mixed reporting. Some people are saying they are running all over the place and I talked to a guy close to them and they said they hadn't seen a deer all weekend. Might be that kind of year where its not prevalent everywhere. Good luck guys.