Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
EHD in Illinois. >

EHD in Illinois.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

EHD in Illinois.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default EHD in Illinois.

Well as if last year was not bad enough EHD is hitting us pretty good again here in Illinois. It seems to vary farm to farm but we have found deer in Central, Western and Southern Illinois. We found 2 in Western Illinois yesterday within 100 yards of each other. Anyone else finding any hit list bucks dead? Here is a link to a couple we have found. Such a shame.

http://www.team-radical.com/blog/201...-bucks-no-more
Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a shame, we have only found one around central Illinois but have heard reports of others. Need the rain BAD!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't found any around me in my part of Central IL but I am sure there are some dead deer out there.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got a call from my buddy saying they have found a few cases within 15 miles of where we hunt. I was out on the property this weekend and was all over and didn't smell anything and no sign of anything either. The creek we have running through the entire property still had pools of water every 20 to 30 yards, most likely from the springs we have. I'm hoping well be OK. It looks like there is some rain coming tonight. I'm hoping to see a 1/2 inch or so of rain tomorrow morning on weather.com!