Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Bow Hunters >

Indiana Bow Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Bow Hunters

Old 09-22-2003, 06:26 PM

Default Indiana Bow Hunters

OK are we all ready only 9 days left. I have been out about 10 times in the last two weeks but am having a hard time figureing out where I want to be. I will probably end up back at Winamac reserve. Any ideals on what to look for in these last nine days?
Old 09-22-2003, 07:04 PM

Default RE: Indiana Bow Hunters

DEER
Old 09-23-2003, 11:22 PM

The skeeters have kept me out of my urban zone spot since the opener, the place is right beside a creek and it is horrible with them. I' m not talking a bug here and there, I am talking clouds of them. I generally don' t put a lot of effort in until about the third week of October on the regular spots. But if this weather stays cool it will get me out there much sooner.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Spike

JagDog,
I' m from Rochester too. It suprised me to see someone else from Rochester on here, so I thought I would register and say hi. Looks like it' s going to be prety cool on opening day, low' s around 30 degrees. I go over to Winamac to the shooting range, but never to hunt. Is there a lot of people that hunt over there?

Shayn

Old 09-25-2003, 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: shaynster

JagDog,
I' m from Rochester too. It suprised me to see someone else from Rochester on here, so I thought I would register and say hi. Looks like it' s going to be prety cool on opening day, low' s around 30 degrees. I go over to Winamac to the shooting range, but never to hunt. Is there a lot of people that hunt over there?

Shayn

Welcome to the Board. I have found this forum to be very helpful and entertaining.
Bow hunting in Winamac is moderate, but firearms season is dangerously overpopulated. I suppose you are one of the luck ones that have private land to hunt on? Do you bow hunt?
Old 10-01-2003, 02:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-01-2003, 10:49 AM

Jag,
Terre Haute here. You probably will not find to many deer in the woods until the farmers get the corn out. I have been out a couple of times and most of the activities other than going to water has been in the corn and bean fields. Found several bedding areas in the corn also. I have been to two places that I got permission to hunt on for the first time this year. It seemed like a miricle. Neither place is very good for bow but there appears to be decent potential for gun and Ml. Go out and knock on more farmers doors. I got lucky that way this year maybe you will to. Look for the farmers that have smaller wooded area' s 8-10 and maybe even 15 acres of woods on creeks and streams. Ask the farmer if he likes deer meat, offer to share your harvest with him. Tell him that you will only use tree freindly stands, either selfclimbers or strap on ladder stands. As a lot of farmers have been put off by hunters useing screw in treesteps and building perminet stands besides rutting up thier fields.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:43 PM

Indianahick
Thanks for the info, it sounds good to me. I was out all day today. I had a Doe and her fawn walk by me at 15yds, around 8:30am. I didnt see anything else until I left the woods, and of course driving home I spotted a 6 pointer and another big buck, but couldnt make out the rack. I will try again tommorrow.....
Old 10-01-2003, 07:45 PM

Well fellas, I saw plenty of deer both this morning and evening. Didn' t have anything within range but it was good to be out and see deer Good luck to everyone, hope you all tag something soon.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Indiana Bow Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.