Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 "  WANTED ILLINOIS THIEVES " >

" WANTED ILLINOIS THIEVES "

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

" WANTED ILLINOIS THIEVES "

Old 09-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default " WANTED ILLINOIS THIEVES "

It saddens me to have to post this.
On Sept,18th,2003 the EAST CENTRAL ILLINOIS ARCHERS( NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION) ARCHERY RANGE in Urbana Illinois was the victim of CRIMINAL PROPERTY DAMAGE AND THEFT.
The thieves ( 3 young men )entered the property when our 3D targets were set out on the course for our last 3D shoot of the year. The acts of criminal property damage by the tresspassers included ramming and running over 3D Rinehart targets and tearing up our roads with their BROWN CHEVY TRUCK.
THE THIEVES THEN STOLE THE HEAD OFF OUR 10 POINT RINEHART BUCK TARGET and were seen entering and leaving the property with the target head. These theifs were brazen enough to enter and leave the property and then returned again on the same evening to do more damage.
I would like to ask the members of this board if they would be kind enough to PLEASE keep an eye out for the HEAD TO OUR 10 POINT RINEHART BUCK HEAD.This is a $350.00 dollar target not including shipping costs.
And if you the thieves are reading this then know that you have 108 Angry Archers and Bowhunters and their families and their friends and the police looking for you and this really isnt as big of a community as you think it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So do the right thing and sneak your butts back to the property and return the head to the property, And I want you thieves to know we caught the last 2 persons that did theft and property damage to our property!
Thankyou for any help youall members can give us .
EAST CENTRAL ILLINOIS ARCHERS
URBANA , ILLINOIS
SECRETARY, DEBORAH KNOFF
[email protected]
Old 09-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: " WANTED ILLINOIS THIEVES "

Sorry to hear this. Im trying to picture how they got in, was the chain not across the drive ?? or is there another way in? I dont suppose anyone got a plate#. I work nearby at Obrien' s, so if there was a better description of the truck I could keep an eye out for it. Usually I signup at ECIA but have been kind of busy this summer so I never got the chance to shoot out there.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

454 Casull;
You missed a great year of shoots at ECIA, We had winter indoor leagues at Dans Place ( he built us a indoor shooting range with AC and heat, vending machines , TV with lots of hunting videos, an Archery shop its really nice
We had our regular 3D shoots and we had our outdoors 3D summer leagues and our 3D thursday night bowhunter tuneup shoots.
ECIA was also the winner of the Rinehart Velociraptor 3D Target at the IBO World Championship.
We had a # of club members shooting on the State, National and World level in ASA and IBO 3D shoots , and they were successful in winning a # of of State, National and World Titles this year[8D]
Your town Mahomet Illinois is the home to some great archers that are members at ECIA such as, Butch and Sara Heath ( IBO World Champions )( WONDERFUL PEOPLE ) ,And Mahomet is the Birth Place of PSE Archery and the founders of the East Central Illinois Archers, must be something in the water in Mahomet

The vechicle they were driving was a maybe 4 or 5 year old Brown Chevy Pickup Truck,The witness said the truck was a deer color brown, Says the word Chevy on the back of the truck thats about all the info I have on the vechicle.
Thanks for your offer to keep an eye out
We are asking our members to be extra vigalent in keeping an eye out at the club and be watchfull of what others are doing while on the property.
I feel things will all work out in the end
Deborah Knoff
Old 09-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all of the info on Ecia. Would that be Dan Davis? and what is his location? I knew at one time but cant remember. I shot a few times at my moms house this summer, and I need to get back over there and shoot a few more times before the season opens. Hopefully I will have a little more free time next summer and I can rejoin at Ecia......Jeff
Old 09-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, thats the same Dan.
The indoor range is located at
1727 County Road 1550 North , Urbana Illinois ( out near TK Wendels )
Dan usually has the indoor range available for shooting on most Saturdays , I believe that he is charging $5.00 to shoot indoors.
Shooting indoors at Dans is a great improvement over the warehouse we were renting in St. Joe, that had such poor lighting that many folks quite shooting there because they couldnt see their pins. Dan has installed all floresent lighting with light deflectors so the lights dont shine dirrectly in your field of vision while shooting.
Hope to see you next year at the ECIA Range and Shoots