Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Shabbona - late season archery >

Shabbona - late season archery

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Shabbona - late season archery

Old 01-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Spike

Default Shabbona - late season archery

Hello all,

First time poster. I know that it gets really crowded, but its the only place I can make it out to this late in the season. Its my first time at Shabbona, so I was hoping some of you can give me some tips on where to set up.

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt...ovedeermap.pdf

I plan on being out there Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning if possible.

Thank you
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Shabbona Late Season

Originally Posted by chicagoan
Hello all,

First time poster. I know that it gets really crowded, but its the only place I can make it out to this late in the season. Its my first time at Shabbona, so I was hoping some of you can give me some tips on where to set up.

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt...ovedeermap.pdf

I plan on being out there Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning if possible.

Thank you
I just now saw this, but if you can make it back out go to the clover field off University Rd. Try to get there 3 hrs early to get set up because that is a very popular area. Also near the tracks by the lake.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Fork Horn

Have you ever hunted here ? If not then spend some time out there after a snow or any time and learn where these deer are at.This late in the season these deer have seen it all and almost know when 95% of the hunters leave there trucks.DONT GET ME WRONG IT CAN BE DONE. I hunt a small piece of private land that borders the park.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default Late Season

Originally Posted by MUZZY 100
Have you ever hunted here ? If not then spend some time out there after a snow or any time and learn where these deer are at.This late in the season these deer have seen it all and almost know when 95% of the hunters leave there trucks.DONT GET ME WRONG IT CAN BE DONE. I hunt a small piece of private land that borders the park.
Are you across the tracks or across Shabbona road?