Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

The late rut

Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default The late rut

I've heard from three different guy this week (here in Wisconsn) that they have seen bucks running does. Unfortunately, I can't get in the woods. Just wanted to see if anyone has seen this as well. The timing lines up with the last one. And oddly enough, the 10 days I spent in the woods 30 days ago, showed only about 2 bucks out 11 thought there was a rut going on.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by timmyzimmy; 12-04-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Ive seen some chasing myself, but it seems like its the smaller guys doing most the chasing where i am. the best advice i can give now since its warm (where ive seen more deer) is on the green food plots an hour before dark....
Old 12-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default Yep, its true

The 1 1/2 year old doe go into season late December also those older (not many) that didn't take. The reason for the younger bucks, they were pushed out by older bigger bucks earlier. The Big Bucks lay down and recooperate after the chase, they (big ones) may feed at night but very little right now. This lasts about a week