Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
New to IL, need advice >

New to IL, need advice

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

New to IL, need advice

Old 10-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Spike

Default New to IL, need advice

Hey guys, haven't been on for a while but I'm in need of some advice. Myself and 2 friends are going to be making a 5 day bowhunt the last week of november and would like any input we can get. We were supposed to hunt a friend's private land but that sort of went down the drain. We've already bought our licenses, so instead of letting them go to waste we are going to try our hand at IL public land.

We will most likely be hunting southern IL. None of us have buck tags, it'll be a doe only hunt this year. Any advice on which public areas are better than others, or at least which areas to stay away from?

Any other tips or advice for the area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

Lots of public land in S. IL... Where about are you gonna be heading??? You shouldn't have too much competition last week of Nov... least until 2nd gun starts
Old 10-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DUMB BASS
Lots of public land in S. IL... Where about are you gonna be heading??? You shouldn't have too much competition last week of Nov... least until 2nd gun starts
Very southern IL, we'll be staying in Cape Girardeau. We were looking at Cape Bend area or possibly going into Shawnee National Forest.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you are staying in east cape girardeau I know of an out of the way piece of state prop you will in all likelihood have to yourselves that it about an hour from east cape located in Johnson county.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Give me a call I got a place u might be interested in.

JR 573-620-0394