Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Hunters

Old 09-12-2003, 06:33 PM

Default IL Hunters

Just wondering if anyother Illinois boys (and girls) are getting ready for bow hunting. Kind of sucks for me, I am at an out of state school so i wont be able to hunt very much this year (again). Good Luck to all.

Shoot Straight and shoot often
Old 09-12-2003, 06:50 PM

Default RE: IL Hunters

Trying to get ready. Done some scouting today, but those woods are thick with weeds. I' m kicking myself for not checking this spot out last winter.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been doing some scouting. And I' ve had my camera out a few weeks. I' m thinking about going and cheching it tomorrow if I can find the time and the rain holds off. I' m with Wrongway, the woods are really thick this year. A little thicker than usual it seems like. Maybe becuase of such a moist summer. I' m countin the days till the opener. Although I can' t go opening morning becuase I have class, I' ll be out on Oct. 2 before my 1230 class. Can' t wait!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:28 PM

Im here in adams county. Been hanging remainder of stands. Pretty Wooly. Im not ready for season since its been so hot. Check out my deer pics. anybody from adams county?
Old 09-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Stands are in, Only a few tree steps left to put in at the farm.
Gonna scout the public land close to home for trips before work and i' ll be all dialed in. Its going to be an outstanding season, I can feel in my horns.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

GOing to hang my last stand tomorrow some time. I am all geared up and waiting.

That is the one thing that stinks about going to Colorado in early Sept. You have to come back and wait for the season to open.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

went today and cleared some shooting lanes doing the final hunt tune on the bow i will miss opening weekend due to elk hunt but thats a good reason and there are alot of hunt days
Old 09-15-2003, 05:01 AM

Not from Adams, but, hunt there every year, on river island and manage to fill tags on 1st hunt. Come down & try some Central Illinois hunting at Anderson Lake.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep; This girl is ready, Ill be Bowhunting Brown and Pike Counties come Oct,16th on the yearly Womens Only Bowhunt at Hunting Unlimited Inc and Heartland Outfitters. Weve got a great bunch of ladies attending this Bowhunt this year.

Then its on to Bowhunting Champaign and Vermillion Illinois Counties
Old 09-15-2003, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Saturday afternoon I finished hanging all of my local (Lake and McHenry County) stands.

Sunday I finished hanging my JoDaviess County stands. I scouted most of the property I hunt out there and found a LOT of awesome deer sign. My main stand setup is in a PERFECT spot this year. I can feel it.

Also - while my dad was finishing hanging his last stand he had a big 10 pt walk within 15 yards of his tree and just stand there looking at him. Hopefully he comes back in a few weeks when it' s hunting season!

Quick Reply: IL Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.