Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Sangamon County IL hunters help plz!!! >

Sangamon County IL hunters help plz!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Sangamon County IL hunters help plz!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Spike

Default Sangamon County IL hunters help plz!!!

Sangamon county illinois hunters help!

Hello to all my fellow Illinois bow hunters! I have just recently moved to Springfield this past year from effingham I'll which is 2 hours southeast of Springfield. I moved up here and don't really know anyone or have any contacts who would have any ground I could possibly hunt this year. I would even be interested in leasing some ground. I absolutely love bow hunting and don't have the option to travel home to hunt. If there is anyone out there that knows someone I could call or have any ground to hunt would be amazing. Thanks for the help! Reed
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the area. I don't live in the area any longer but I did hunt sangamon, Menard & Cass counties for over 10 years. With it being so close to open season, your best bet is to hunt the thousands of acres of public land. Go to IDNRs website & you'll find plenty of public land in the area to hunt. I've hunted Sangchris lake SP, Jim Edgar Panther Creek SP & Wildlife Area & Sangamon River Valley Preserve & they all offer great hunting & some bruiser bucks. Good luck!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Spike

Wonderful, thanks so much for the help!