Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wc il

Old 06-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wc il

Im moving from IA to IL in less than a month, with less than 4 months til season openner. Ill be moving to WC IL and was wondering even with all the outfitters leasing so much ground in IL does anybody think Ill have a snowballs chance of finding hunting ground around Henderson, Mercer, or Warren counties in IL? Some parts of the state are bad Ive heard but havent heard much about these 3 counties. (which is where Ill be living around)
Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

The absolute 1st thing I'd do is check if Iowa has lifetime licences and if you are elligible. If so, stay there until you are good. Your world is about to change bigtime as far as hunting, unless you have a lot of disposable coin $$$. Don't even think about trying public unless you'd like to make lots of new friends from Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee & Michigan.

Very sorry for your misfortune.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

not eligable for Iowa lifetime license. I make good money but not enough to be able to drop a chunk of cash on a lease. Every blind pig finds an acorn so maybe Ill luck out and find a small tract of land to hunt...