Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Anyone Deer Hunt Brown County, Illinois? >

Anyone Deer Hunt Brown County, Illinois?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anyone Deer Hunt Brown County, Illinois?

Old 05-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone Deer Hunt Brown County, Illinois?

Just wanted to know if anyone here hunts Brown County, Illinois, and if you do how has your seasons been?

I killed three bucks out there from, 117", 120", 131".....heading back out there in July to hang stands on all of our farms, and will be hunting out for both archery and gun season
Old 05-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a few counties east of you in Fulton. Last year was a tough one for me, put in the effort and road trips from Chicago but came away with nothing. Every good buck that I saw was out of range. Saw the big one one I'd been after the last day of bow season but never came in closer than 60 yards. Frustrating. At least he should be around next year.

I beat ya out hanging stands this year. I put up 5 more a couple weekends ago and really happy about the ones I put up, should give me some better results. There on some great runways I never saw before. Plus, I hung some for some wind directions that always gave us problems.

We do have some good trail cam pictures too. Deer are killing the food plots. Does look like they are about to burst and there are some bucks that are already 3x3s. Pretty happy about that. I know they really need some rain there though.

Also, watch out for that poison Ivy/Oak. I got hit pretty good, as well as my buddy. It took 8 days to come in but when it did it did hard. Not a pretty thing to have when I went to Vegas the following weekend and sitting at the pools. The price we pay for deer. It will all be worth it come fall.......
Old 05-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

we just got another 120 acres for bow hunting only next to one of our farms
Old 06-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Im just north of you and a little south of fastetti right in the NE corner so Schuyler county.Was our first year on our new farm of 135 acres,i passed up 6 nice 110-130 class bucks bow season and passed 3 gun season inluding one in the lower 130's. Had a chance at a 150 ++ and messed it up.Good trail cam pics of some real nice ones.I had pics of 22 different bucks last year. We did take 4 doe off the farm last season.All my stand are moved and ready last month,food plots are in and waiting on some much needed rain !!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

since you live in the area, I'm hearing antler growth seems better this time this year then in years past at the same time.....can you verify that?
Old 06-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

We only have one camera out right now but are getting LOTS of pics in the clover. We have two bucks running together right now, one is already as wide as his ears and has 6 points started and I'm sure will add more as his main beams keep going. The other one is still growing out but he has super mass and believe him to be the big one we call "Alexander" that we chased all last year with no shots. I personally think we are a little ahead of last year but am no expert on antler growth at all. I know we need some rain to get these crops growing. Looks like Monday night is the next chance.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the info, and good luck with Alexander