Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Southern Illinios >

Southern Illinios

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Southern Illinios

Old 02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Southern Illinios

I possibly may have a hunting spot in Williamson county. I have never hunted in IL. before. Is it considered a good county for quality bucks?
Old 02-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

not sure of the county, but Southern Illinois is coming up fast as far as quality
Old 02-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Spike

I've hunted White County (1 county away from Williamson), and was very impressed with genetics,herd quality, herd quantity, and lower hunting pressure.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

No hunting experience in that particular county but I hunt Wayne, which is 2 counties north..Great for quality deer
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted Saline which is next to Williamson and hunted Crab Orchard about 10 years ago bowhunting. There are some big deer down there but it all depends on the size and quality of land you are on. I will say that there are some GIANTS walking around down in that area so at any point the buck of a lifetime could walk out. When rabbit hunting in college back at SIU I spotted some really nice bucks and got a real nice 8 point of Saline three years ago and a nice 7 point off of public two years ago.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Plenty of big Bucks in that part of the state. In fact, there was a 258 inch non-typical killed in Williamson County last fall. There aren't many, if any "bad" Counties in Illinois. Personally, if I were you I would jump at the chance to hunt Williamson County.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Kid
Plenty of big Bucks in that part of the state. In fact, there was a 258 inch non-typical killed in Williamson County last fall. There aren't many, if any "bad" Counties in Illinois. Personally, if I were you I would jump at the chance to hunt Williamson County.
I'm in! Got my spot waiting for me this coming season! Cant wait.