Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Washington County, MO >

Washington County, MO

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Washington County, MO

Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Washington County, MO

Going to be hunting the NW corner of Washington County, MO next season. I've never hunted MO before but I hear great things. We will be real close to Sullivan MO. Anyone have any information about the area? Greatly appreciated! Thanks

Will probably just hunt rifle and muzzleloader next season. Hoping to do archery hunt the following season.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard good things about that area....anything north or above St. Louis is going to produce some nice Deer/Bucks especially if Your near any Land where they farm.Shame You can't do some Scouting this time of year,it would help out for next year so You know where the Deer travel and find any rubs and possibly some scrapes? Welcome to Missouri
Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

We will be making a trip in feb to do some scouting and check things out. Our plan is to make a second trip in June to put out trail cams and then again in late sept to check cams and hang a few stands. Hopefully things work out. I've been told, once you hunt MO, you won't want to hunt anywhere else. Those are big words, but time will tell! Thanks for replying :-)
Old 12-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Spike

I don't know what you have invested in this area but my guess is there are probably 50 conservation areas to the west or north that would be much better than Washington County. That's just my opinion of hunting a lot in the state!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to get in contact with the MO Dept. of Conservation. They can give you a lot of info on how many deer were taken in each county. They also have a great magazine that they publish each month, free to MO residents, but will probably cost a little to receive out of state. Good luck with the deer hunting.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jenks
You might want to get in contact with the MO Dept. of Conservation. They can give you a lot of info on how many deer were taken in each county. They also have a great magazine that they publish each month, free to MO residents, but will probably cost a little to receive out of state. Good luck with the deer hunting.

You can get alot of info from the Conservation website: http://www.mdc.mo.gov/

I have not done much hunting in MO south of STL, but there are some good areas in the southern part of the state. Not as good as above I70, but still pretty good.