Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Land owner tags or private land for deer >

Land owner tags or private land for deer

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Land owner tags or private land for deer

Old 12-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Spike

Default Land owner tags or private land for deer

I am trying to plan a trip next year to rifle hunt for whitetail or mule deer. I hunt early October in Oregon for mule deer so would prefer whitetail. Trophy class only(140+ whitetail or 170+ Mule deer). We are experienced hunters and not meat hunters but do not waste anything. I would like to hunt on my own and just have someone point us in the right direction. There would be probably 2 of us(possibly 1 hunter and 1 non hunter) and would be willing to pay a reasonable trespass fee. We would like to hunt a larger ranch with limited hunting pressure. It would be nice to be able to stay on the property and we can cook for ourselves, or be located close enough to a town with a hotel and restaurant. I have a 4 wheel drive pickup truck and a Yamaha Rhino. I live in California so as far west as possible would be good, in a state that has landowners tags or deer tags that are fairly easy to draw, or over the counter. Would be willing to make a scouting trip out a few months before the hunt.
[email protected]
408-722-0125 Ask for Dick