Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kansas Rut

Old 11-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Kansas Rut

Is it me or did the rut this year seem alot later than normal. I'm seeing bucks move midday now and chasing like crazy. What a unusual year for me. I couldnt get much activity toward mycalls the 2nd week of november and no big buck movement during the day. Anyone else having the same problem? I took off a week to early. This past week seems to be the peak and especially last weeks the moon phase. Im used to seeing this 2nd week of november into to third week. Seems like its the 3rd and 4 th week. Also I havent got any mature bucks to antlers or estrus doe bleats

Last edited by Hoyt21; 11-22-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

Here in SE Indiana and SW Ohio it is the same thing....I haven't seen any chasing or rutting activity for that matter....it seems as though things maybe heating up right now...a lot of people I know and talk to are having the same problem...
Old 12-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Rut was later this year than normal in my part of Kansas. In fact its still going. Friday I saw a monster 3/4s of a mile from our land standing in the middle of a wide open wheat field at noon. At 3:00 I spotted him again, a mile from where I first saw him, still cruisin sniffin all around for does. At this point he was now on our property but 500yds away. Tried to catch up to him but couldn't before he left the property. He was definitely on a mission out in the open in the middle of a windy day.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Spike

hoyt21 where in ks are you at? i'm in olathe..