Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Got it!!

Old 08-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Got it!!

I just got my SD. Black Powder deer permit the other day. I missed the deadline but they had some left overs so I applied and got one. I also made the drawing for prairie deer. I got the any deer plus any anterless deer tags. Looks like I will be eating good this winter.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Got it!!

Congrats! I hunt in the Black Hills every year, it works out to be an every other year for the rifle, so I bow hunt when I don' t draw a rifle tag. I drew a gun tag this year so I' m really pumped. My in-laws live in the hills, so we visit them for an extended Thanksgiving/Deer hunting vacation every year. There are tons of deer in the area, both whitetails and mulies, and I have yet to be disappointed. Where will you be hunting? Public or private?
Old 08-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got it!!

I have a small piece of land North of Wall where I lived most of my life. It is a Great place for Mule Deer. I have hunted in the Black Hills a lot mostly around Custer and Hill City. I just moved up here to ND about five years ago. I lived north of Wall until then. Good luck Hunting.