Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Illinois Resident Archery Permits >

Illinois Resident Archery Permits

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Resident Archery Permits

Old 08-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Spike

Default Illinois Resident Archery Permits

Was wondering if anybody knew when the Archery Permits was going on sale online. Would it be 01 Sept
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Spike

Combo and Single Antlerless-Only Permits or available at DNR Direct License Vendors August 2.Beginning Aug. 2, resident combination archery deer permits and resident antlerless-only archery deer permits will be available OTC only from DNR Direct license and permit vendors. Find a vendor near you at this link:
http://dnr.illinois.gov/DNRDirectMonitor/VendorListing.aspx

Couldn't find anything about going on sale online.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just about sure that Archery permits for residents are only available over the counter. This year they did start (I believe again) a single archery only either sex tag. It's mail in only and allows you either a buck or doe with the tag. I think they brought it back for those hunters who are only interested in shooting one deer and not interested if its a buck or doe. I believe they did it so someone can shoot one deer and not worry about buying the two tags over the counter. This one is due September 1st I believe.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Spike

OK, have bought over the internet in the last couple of years and it has been easy. Is the permits only available over the counter this year?

Last edited by Livn_da_dream1; 08-22-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Spike

Unless you want a single either sex permit, you can buy combined antlerless-only and either sex or anterless only over the counter. I believe these became available Aug 2nd. I didnt see anything about online permit purchases.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Spike

Can You still buy a archery deer tag after Sept 1st or is that it.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

You can buy your tags now, or anytime through the season.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Spike

Must be at vendors only, nothing on the online hunting license/permits page. Just very handy online.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Spike

Hey Guys, got the answer to the question that I threw out. Contacted the DNR and was told that the Resident Archery E/S Combo Permits will not be sold over the online site this year, supposedly because there was a problem with the shipping of the permits last year. Sounds strange but oh well, gotta get them at Wal-Mart I guess.