Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Broadhead Choice >

Broadhead Choice

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Broadhead Choice

Old 07-31-2003, 05:07 PM

Default Broadhead Choice

Hello everyone.

I was wondering what type of broadheads people use, and how many blades they have on them.

I also wondered if anyone knew anything about Innerloc Broadheads, and what kind of luck they had with them.

I did have Muzzy 4 Blade 90 grains, but I' m looking to switch to a new kind I think, so if anyone has any info. or input on it please say.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:45 PM
nub

Default RE: Broadhead Choice

From what I' ve heard about InnerLoc, the blades don' t seat in the grooves very tight. They wiggle.[X(] That could cause some group problems for you. I' m currently trying to decide between 2 heads for this fall. My tried and true Muzzy 3 blades in 125 gr. and the G5 Montec, also a 125 gr(3). I like the G5s a lot, but at around 30 bucks for 3, I don' t know it I want to spend another 100-120 for enough of them for practice and hunting. Most My broadhead practice is for leagues into dirt and sand butts. That plays hell on those cut to tip style heads. You can resharpen them, but not after you hit a couple small stones. The Muzzys on the other hand, take a lot of abuse. You can change out the blades and tips, both of which I have plenty of. I' m not a big fan of 4 blade heads. Just think it retards penetration. Not a good thing since I plan on using them for moose this fall. My 3 blade Muzzys clipped two ribs on a moose and kept going. Whats your draw weight and arrow size? Might make the choice a little easier. Whats the reason you want to change?
Old 07-31-2003, 09:49 PM

I shoot a brand new Renegade. Draw weight is around 60 and arrow length is 25.......so tell me what you think
Old 07-31-2003, 11:47 PM

3 blade 85 grain or 75 grain head from muzzy
Old 08-01-2003, 07:23 AM
nub

Where you from dr. Got any buddies with some different styles you could try? I' d stay a 100 grs. or less. If you got the cash, them Montecs in 100 gr. would probably fly great for ya. Probably give ya a decent FOC too. Why did you want to switch? Just for a change?
Old 08-01-2003, 08:03 AM

Hey Nub.

Yea......I was just kinda looking for a switch. I still might not but I' m considering. What all do you know about Montecs?? What kind of luck have you heard people have had with them?? They sure are expensive........I know that!!!!! LOL

drhuntr04
Old 08-01-2003, 11:01 AM
nub

http://www.g5outdoors.com/

I know:

They fly just like my field tips.
I have yet to duplicate the out of box edge.
They cost me $34. plus tax for 3.
They spin very true.
Not wise to spin test in the palm of your hand.
Hold up well after 100s of shots in dirt and sand.
Hit a stone and their done.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:38 PM

Hey Nub. Thanks for your help!!

drhuntr
Old 08-09-2003, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t see a thing wrong with choosing the broad that has probobly put more meat in the freezer than any others...the a three blade Thunderhead.

I don' t know how far you can shoot your Renegade but I can' t see any reason a 100 or 125 Thunderhead wouldn' t perform as well as any.

Stay away from sales hype and big promotion of this head and that head, these are so much better and etc.....

Keep your set up SIMPLE. Keep your equipment SIMPLE (and maintained!). Practice alot until you are CONSISTENT!

Subtle differences in equipment are nothing in the big scope of things. Remember, the Indians stalked and killed BIG deer with their equipment that was hand made!

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 08-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been using 3 blade 100 gr. muzzy' s for the past two seasons out of my Magnatec. They' ve worked great. I had a clean pass through on a good sized doe last season. They fly really well also.

Quick Reply: Broadhead Choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.