Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Disabled hunter needs help! >

Disabled hunter needs help!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Disabled hunter needs help!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Spike

Exclamation Disabled hunter needs help!

hey everybody, my name is bryan gray. I am currently 43 years old. Unfortunately i had a stroke in 2000 due to doctor error! I had less than a 5% chance of survival, but my desire to live and be with my family was so strong i managed to survive. I am paralyzed on my left side and have had partial finger and toe amputations on my right side. Before my stroke i lived to fish and hunt with my family(both of my kids have been hunting with me since they were 1 year old). Luckily through the help of family and friends i have begun to enjoy the outdoors again. We have made modifications on everything from fishing pole holders to all of my guns! my friends(who help me with everything) and i are looking for places to hunt whitetail. We want to hunt in nebraska somewhere within hitch**** and hayes counties(frenchman unit).please e-mail me back asap. I really appreciate the help. Bryan gray
Old 05-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Spike

what would you say to a whitetail hunt in kansas, there are left over tags?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Bryan,

I am sorry to hear about the medical mistake and the results it took on your body. I commend you for continuing on with your life. I do not live in NB. However, here is a video of Tim Farmer (lost use of his right arm) and how he continued on with life. This is a shortened version of the Tim Farmer Story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6pd_yOEvNo

For deer hunting with rifle, he uses a bi-pod and fires with his left hand off of his right shoulder.