Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin Bow Tags >

Wisconsin Bow Tags

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Bow Tags

Old 12-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wisconsin Bow Tags

I'm heading to Wisconsin for the first time ever for a last minute late season hunt. I've heard rumor that I need to purchase a license 3 days prior to my first hunt. Any truth to this?

I'll make some calls in the morning...just wondering if anyone here could help.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

You can purchase a license the same day and go hunting. My uncle every year gets his the night before opening day so you should be fine.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

Make the calls and find out for sure. I've heard that regulation was done away with this year so you could potentially buy an archery license and hunt the same day this year.

In years past, licenses bought DURING the open archery season required a 3-day waiting period before hunting was allowed. Licenses bought the day before season allowed for hunting the day the season opened because the season wasn't open when the license was purchased.

Check out the (old) DNR website for more info. You can find a full .pdf of the deer hunting regs and buy licenses right from the website. Not sure if you can buy a first-time non-resident license online or not, never had to worry about that.

Be sure to bring some beer and cheese, the entire state of WI is currently out after the romping of the NY Giants today!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Hoz
Spike

This is the first year here in WI that there is NO mandatory 3 day wait! Last year was a different story! Buy a tag and go kill. Good luck