Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Kansas help needed! >

Kansas help needed!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kansas help needed!

Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Spike

Default Kansas help needed!

I have some friends that had an area in unit 14 lined up in Kansas but once they arrived(yesterday) it got all screwed up.

Can anyone recomend any area for the rifle season in unit 14 ??

thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

This my be of some help:

Go to the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks website and look at the hunting atlas. It will show places where the state has leased hunter access from landowners and public land if available.

This also comes in booklet form. A lot of places that sell licenses have them.

I grew up in Morris County which is part of that region--Council Grove Reservoir has some public land--river and creek bottoms on the northern reaches. Some walk-in land is close-by. Might even be adjacent. I noticed just east of Council Grove is a stretch of walk-in land labeled #44 in that atlas. There's a creek running through it and that area holds deer.

There looks to be some walk-in ground around cottonwood falls/strong city--don't know how good it is and be sure to check the regs to make sure it's open.

If nothing else, have them ask around. A lot of people in this area are friendly and will let you on just by asking.