Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Problems with other hunters? >

Problems with other hunters?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Problems with other hunters?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Spike

Default Problems with other hunters?

Just wondering if any of you have had to deal with this. This is my first year bow hunting or deer hunting. I have a spot not far only about 4 miles from home, and I know the people that live on and farm the land. Its about 100 acres of timber. Now the people that live there I know pretty well, but his mother still owns the land so that is who you have to get permission from. I did that all is well. There is about 5 other guys hunting there. Two of them I know, the other 3 I don't know from Adam. So one of the guys keeps going to the owner and telling her that I'm doing this or that wrong. Just yesterday I was told that he went to the owner and told her that I told all my friends that they can go up there and hunt when ever they would like. Now why would I do something like that? I only have one spot to hunt, why would I try to loose it. Just wondering if you guys have ever had problems like this. And more than anything I wanted to vent. People like this just want to make you
Old 11-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I would confront the person and have a heart to heart with him. I would also tell the owner that this person for some reason is trying to get me in trouble and assure her that there is no truth to his lies.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
I would confront the person and have a heart to heart with him. I would also tell the owner that this person for some reason is trying to get me in trouble and assure her that there is no truth to his lies.
That what I would do also!
Some guys think they can keep other hunters out by doing what this guy is doing,but ununfornately more often then not they end up causing the land owner to stop everyone from access to the property! I would politly explain to him his actions could be bad for everyone!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by cayugad
Agree with cayugad...That is the best way to do it...try to get them both together and see if the story changes.